No announcement yet.

How does Floyd not get credit for beating a guy 3 years ago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
    Aww, man. This is too funny. Neither of these two dudes, Pacquiao and Marquez, are welterweights, at all. Pacquiao and Marquez should not be fighting above 140, really, probably less. Nobody gave Marquez a chance to win that fight against Mayweather. You wanna know why? Cause the fight was a joke, plain and simple. Mayweather is a naturally bigger fighter than both these dudes and I would never give him credit for beating either of these dudes. He is just trying to beat up on smaller dudes. It's a laugher. To put this fight into perspective, why doesn't Floyd go up two whole weight divisions from 147 to 160 and challenge Martinez? Or if he's a 154 fighter now, why doesn't he move up two divisions to 168 and challenge Andre Ward. That's how much of a joke that fight against Marquez was. Keep trying to convince yourself, though. Maybe one day you will see that Mayweather's career is just a big illusion, he has fooled a lot of people with this illusion. Not me, though.
    Manny was 151 on fight night..floyd was 150 explain

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
      No No list these fighters who would beat him..please i'll wait

Cotto was #1 at 154 and champ

Oscar was #5 at 154 and champ

Judah was top 5 at ww and champ

Mosley was #1 at ww and #3 p4p plus people said he was scared of him

Hatton was undefeated and p4p top 10 and former ww champ..brian kenny said floyd would duck him

Baldo was lineal champ-brian kenny said floyd would duck him

Ortiz coming off of a huge win and was #2 ww and champ

these are damn good wins
      Look... You are asking why many people do not respect him.. I am trying to give you objective answers..
      Personally, I think he is arguably the most skilled boxer ever, and certainly the best boxer of this generation.
      The perception however is.. That he always takes the path of least resistance.
      He acts like a punk and this behavior does not appeal to everyone.
      I give him credit for fighting Castllio and Corrales when he did.. But his resume is defined more by who he didn't fight than who he did.
      He knows who is over hyped or who has no chance and these are the fights he takes.
      Guys like Mosley,ODLH, Judah and such were all past their sell by date when he finally fought them..

Comment

Because Floyd didn't finish Manny off, Marquez did. Basically Marquez did Floyds dirt in the fight everyone wanted to see ya heard meh.
        Last edited by Unknown Champ; 12-17-2012, 02:06 AM.

Comment

My nuts itch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
            Aww, man. This is too funny. Neither of these two dudes, Pacquiao and Marquez, are welterweights, at all. Pacquiao and Marquez should not be fighting above 140, really, probably less. Nobody gave Marquez a chance to win that fight against Mayweather. You wanna know why? Cause the fight was a joke, plain and simple. Mayweather is a naturally bigger fighter than both these dudes and I would never give him credit for beating either of these dudes. He is just trying to beat up on smaller dudes. It's a laugher. To put this fight into perspective, why doesn't Floyd go up two whole weight divisions from 147 to 160 and challenge Martinez? Or if he's a 154 fighter now, why doesn't he move up two divisions to 168 and challenge Andre Ward. That's how much of a joke that fight against Marquez was. Keep trying to convince yourself, though. Maybe one day you will see that Mayweather's career is just a big illusion, he has fooled a lot of people with this illusion. Not me, though.
            The difference is this.....147 is Marquez' 5th weight class. 160 would be Floyd's 7th, and 168 would be his 8th. Marquez is small for 147, just like Floyd is really small for 154.

Floyd-JMM was whack when it happened in 09', but how can you not give him credit for that when an even older JMM just beat the #2 P4P and #1 WW in the world???

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
              I hear that Wladimir is going to fight the #1 HW contender. According to the above post its going to be a damn good win .... ooops, I better check who is the #1 HW contender .... lol!

Larry, by the time you reached Baldomir, didn't you tell yourself, "man, how am I going to convince boxing fans that these are damn good wins" lol!
              so he is going to fight Vitali??sure in hell would be a damn good fight...try again

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                The difference is this.....147 is Marquez' 5th weight class. 160 would be Floyd's 7th, and 168 would be his 8th. Marquez is small for 147, just like Floyd is really small for 154.

Floyd-JMM was whack when it happened in 09', but how can you not give him credit for that when an even older JMM just beat the #2 P4P and #1 WW in the world???
                great post green k

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
                  Anyone who is not damaged goods or past their prime (Cotto, DLH, Judah, Mosley) .. Or anyone he obviously can't lose to. **Hatton, Ortiz, Baldomir)

I am sure now that Pac has been Kayoed "the fight" is more likely to happen.
                  Kind of sounds like Pac's entire career

And why is it OK for Pac to bring Marquez up but not Floyd.

Pac has trouble with counter punchers, dude can't even beat an Old Marquez but he's gonna find a way to beat the best Counter Puncher who is bigger, stronger, longer, faster, more accurate, higher ring IQ and better defense than Marquez.

Please explain and while your at it explain how it was Floyd who held up this fight and not Arum

Comment

Look... You are asking why many people do not respect him.. I am trying to give you objective answers..
                    Personally, I think he is arguably the most skilled boxer ever, and certainly the best boxer of this generation.
                    I give him credit for fighting Castllio and Corrales when he did.. But his resume is defined more by who he didn't fight than who he did.
                    He knows who is over hyped or who has no chance and these are the fights he takes.
                    Guys like Mosley,ODLH, Judah and such were all past their sell by date when he finally fought them..
                    so who ae these fighters he is ducking im still waiting..all he fights are champions and top guts in the division

Comment

Floyd was gunning for Mosley and Oscar several years before this happened. Floyd had been mention Oscar since 2004, and had been mentioning Mosley since 2005. Judah wasn't past it in 2006 man.

I think people also tend to forget everyone wanted Floyd-Oscar/Mosley when those did happen. Mosley was coming off stopping Margarito and this was when Manny absolutely wanted nothing to do with fighting Mosley. Yes, Mosley was past his best days for sure, but it doesn't change that going in....it was a damn good fight when it happened. It's comparable to the Donaire-Nishioka situation. Nishioka was the #1 guy at 122, but he showed he was well past his best days during the fight....doesn't change the fact that going in it's the fight everyone wanted to see Donaire fight at the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X