No announcement yet.

Am i doin it rite?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i doin it rite?

Been running and walking long distances every day for 2-3 weeks now in hopes of training my stamina without any progress at all besides some minor weight loss. Here's my daily routine.

-------------------

I wake up around 19:00-22:00, do my daily stuff until around midnight which i then eat a late dinner (taking a diet pill which prevents body from taking in excessive fats from food) while preparing for the gym.

05:00 I arrive at the gym and run around 300-600 meters before i get completely exhausted and do some overall stamina muscle lifting followed by 2-3 more running sessions for around 200~ meters.

06:00-07:00 I drive home, eat some protein-rich meals and head to bed.

------------------

Putting this much effort into something for several weeks without result can get quite frustrating so tips on what i might be doing wrong is appreciated.

Are you a vampire?

Comment

Routine seems ok... timings ?????????????????????????????????

Comment

What's with the up all night sleep all day thing?

You can't really expect significant results in 2-3 weeks, training takes months, even years.

edit: just read your routine; are you only doing 3 short distance runs? if i'm reading that right you're doing pretty much **** all ..

Comment

Yeah I think a lot of people are wondering what is up with the weird sleeping pattern.

Comment

If your primary aim is to improve your stamina/overall conditioning, then you are going to need to run more than that.

Go at a slower pace when you run and you'll be able to go for longer. Running for only 600 meters won't do a great deal for you.

If you want to try things a different way then look into doing HIT training, which is shorter but more intense.

Comment

I was advised by both my doctor and several people at this forum to sprint and take rests since it is difficult for me to jog for longer periods of time due to my asthma.

The reason why i was expecting improvement in such time was because I've never really ran a lot before having people say "It's quick to get fit, but harder to get fitter" and that asthma is quite an flexible chronic disease if handled right. But i guess I'll try jogging and running overall n see how that works out.

And no, I'm not an vampire, I'm just sensitive to UV light.

Comment

Jesus, you struggle with air and sunlight? that's pretty ... lame.

Comment

Air is kind of an struggle since apparently in my family we have small breathing canals and avoiding sunlight is more of a convenient thing for me. It starts to itch and burn as hell with short-medium exposures to it so i just tend to avoid it when i can.

Comment

Originally posted by Coeco View Post
                    Air is kind of an struggle since apparently in my family we have small breathing canals and avoiding sunlight is more of a convenient thing for me. It starts to itch and burn as hell with short-medium exposures to it so i just tend to avoid it when i can.
                    And I thought I had problems.

Goodluck

Comment

Working...
                    X