No announcement yet.

Did Lacy Live up to "The Next Mike Tyson" Moniker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Lacy Live up to "The Next Mike Tyson" Moniker

When I ask this question I don't mean mirror image and know it didn't follow script exactly as surely some capt. obvious will rush in here to point out thus saving the day so everyone can get back to spamming.

What I mean is that there are some pattern similarities in their careers. Both Lacy and Tyson started off looking impressive with highlight reel ko's. Then both had lost in surprising manner to fighters that they were favored to beat(Douglas, Calzaghe).

Really both of their careers were done after this, and they both had looked un-impressive in fights on their ways back up to a bigger fight. Once they got the bigger fight against top opponents(Holyfield, Taylor), both showed that they didn't have what it takes to come back and be the best anymore if they ever did to begin with.

In addition to this Taylor and Holyfield were both talked about earlier in the careers of both men as opponents for a big fight later down the road years before it actually happened for both Lacy and Tyson.

Then, even when it was obvious that they were both done on a world class level they got one last chance a against world class name opponents( Jones, Lewis) and both were beaten easily. This for the most part put an end to their careers that in some ways did follow a similar pattern as Lacy was billed as the next Mike Tyson for some time.

So the next time someone is called "The Next Mike Tyson", it may not be such a good thing or really complimentary in any way.

Get this "smart" **** out of this forum.

It doesn't belong here sucka...

Comment

I literally cannot be bothered reading the post when you compare Iron Mike Tyson to the bum/never has-been jeff lacy, who did he actually beat ever to be considered better than a bum forget about actually being any good

Comment

I wanna give you Red K but seeing you have so much Green K going on I think I might become E-red if i go to war with you. So I pass

Comment

Originally posted by bunce101 View Post
          I literally cannot be bothered reading the post when you compare Iron Mike Tyson to the bum/never has-been jeff lacy, who did he actually beat ever to be considered better than a bum forget about actually being any good
          Reid was no bum thats for sure, but in some small way he did live up to it and followed a pattern.

Comment

Yes because he could never beat a great fighter.....

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Reid was no bum thats for sure, but in some small way he did live up to it and followed a pattern.
              The lass in your avatar looks like she would give a mighty fine and well oiled handjob.

Thoughts on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack D Ripper View Post
                The lass in your avatar looks like she would give a mighty fine and well oiled handjob.

Thoughts on this?
                the one in your avi ****s on the one in his avi

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
                  Yes because he could never beat a great fighter.....
                  Yes and it makes me wonder if he would be seen as just a hypejob like Lacy is if not for all of the stuff outside of the ring which brought alot of attention to him? Or would Lacy be looked upon more favorably if he acted like a crazy person?

Comment

i can see your point TS
                    once someone stands up to a bully,they are finished,and thats kind of what happened in their situations
                    tyson was more skilled than lacy,but on the other hand lacy was handed his first loss by a much better fighter than tyson first loss to

Comment

Working...
                    X