No announcement yet.

Travis Tygart: executive director of the USADA speaks on Blood tests

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

how long does it take a test to for roids? weeks? months? days? let me know.
    what kind of steroids....there are many....

Comment

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
      I think you need to read your article you posted Punching Bag.

"Today's report, an analysis of 44 previous studies, won't end the debate over the effectiveness of human growth hormone, scientists said. The people who were studied took lower doses of human growth hormone than many athletes, and the longest anyone was studied was 84 days. Also, many professional athletes mix human growth hormone with anabolic steroids, which weren't studied."

There are other things said that this is not conclusive to rule out HGH's effectiveness on its own.
      No.

If you use your brain that means either of two things.

*****s are accusing Pac of using HGH without the use of Anabolic Steroids which would be useless OR Pac is on the juice HARD in which case how the **** would he get away with it?

It's hard enough to be inconspicuous when you're juicing, but how the hell is a world class athlete as popular as Manny getting away with taking large amounts of HGH AND Anabolic Steroids?

That's the real question.

Comment

Pac is willing to do 2 blood test right? 1 before the fight but not so close to the fight and 1 after the fight right? But, they are just not willing to do up to 5 blood test and 1 so close to the fight. Or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Word2ThaFive View Post
          If Manny literally killed or Gerald McKellan'd Mayweather then after the fight tested positive for Performance Enhancing Drugs, what then?

Mayweathers career is over, he is seriously injured all while it could have been prevented if Manny just did the right thing and got tested prior to the fight, HGH leaves the system within 72 hours and Doping at times with 24- 48 hours, it would be no traces or evidence of cheating in some cases after a fight where someone literally dropped about 5-10 pds during the fight.
          this is a misinformation. HGH won't flush out in your system in 72 hours. This is the detection window back in 2004 at Athens. It means if you took it within 72 hours the test will detect it and the last test have 2 weeks detection window. The latest test that they developed they don't want the public to know.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
            They sait it MAY not work they don't know.

``These athletes know their bodies as well as the scientists know their research,'' said Charles Yesalis, a Pennsylvania State University professor of health and human development. He likened what scientists know about human growth hormone to early research that failed to connect synthetic testosterone with athletic performance until years after bodybuilders had been bulking up on it.

Betting the House

``If I had to bet my house on who is right, based on what happened with testosterone, I think I'd go with saying HGH works,'' Yesalis said in a telephone interview.
            From your link

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
              Travis Tygart, executive director of the USADA, said he had talked to representatives of both fighters about providing testing. Tygart said he welcomed the request as he would for any sport that does not have stringent Olympic-type testing.

"I think every sport that wants to have clean athletes it's a sign of a step forward to have out of competition testing," Tygart said. "It's an essential thing to do if you want to protect the integrity of the sport. Clean athletes want a level playing field."

Tygart noted Olympic athletes are tested often and without notice. He said less than a teaspoon of blood is removed out of an average of 380 teaspoons in the normal human and that it regenerates within an hour of being withdrawn.

Blood tests, he said, can find things urine tests can't, like the use of human growth hormone, synthetic hemoglobin or blood transfusions, all of which "certainly would aid in an endurance-type event."

Ellerbe said he couldn't imagine why Pacquiao wouldn't agree, especially considering both fighters would likely make more than $25 million for the bout.
              "Only Manny Pacquiao can answer that question," Ellerbe said. "The ball is in his court."

"If it's good enough for LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Michael Phelps and Lance Armstrong why isn't it good enough for Manny Pacquiao?" Ellerbe asked. "The fans and sports deserve a level playing field."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...lvHLwD9CON2HG0
              Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
              Did hagler vs Leonard do the test?

Did Tyson VS Holyfield?

Ali VS Foreman?

Comment

No.

If you use your brain that means either of two things.

*****s are accusing Pac of using HGH without the use of Anabolic Steroids which would be useless OR Pac is on the juice HARD in which case how the **** would he get away with it?

It's hard enough to be inconspicuous when you're juicing, but how the hell is a world class athlete as popular as Manny getting away with taking large amounts of HGH AND Anabolic Steroids?

That's the real question.
                Read the last part of my post and re-read the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
                  Read the last part of my post and re-read the article.
                  So you're still assuming Manny is taking HGH in large quan****** then?

Such large quan****** of HGH would certainly be detected by a simple blood test during training when the drug is actually useful correct?

Comment

So you're still assuming Manny is taking HGH in large quan****** then?

Such large quan****** of HGH would certainly be detected by a simple blood test during training when the drug is actually useful correct?
                    If he's randomly tested during training as to check him with the intent to interrupt any cycling. I'd imagine so.

Comment

Working...
                    X