No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto To Work With Golden Boy on Kamegai Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Time View Post
    I'm guessing that contract buyout may have been half of what he was owed? 5 million

Maybe 2 to 3 million.

Lol, Cotto just got payed. Pretty much stole money from Roc Nation.

With that buyout that he was payed and taking the best he can get from Golden Boy for Kamegai, I'm sure he's thinking he's good now. Just fight Kamegai and get a big name next for the end of the year.
    ... RN wanted to enter "the boxing business" far too late...
    ... and now they have Andre Ward and Guillermo Rigondeaux as cash cows!... WTF?

Comment

Kamegai is meaningless, but being active is what Cotto needs to revise his career. Hopefully for his sake the change in promotion will mean this.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... RN wanted to enter "the boxing business" far too late...
        ... and now they have Andre Ward and Guillermo Rigondeaux as cash cows!... WTF?

LOL

And they lost money on the Kovalev-Ward PPV with only generating 160k of ppv buys.

Roc Nation is eventually going to fold.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
          LOL

And they lost money on the Kovalev-Ward PPV with only generating 160k of ppv buys.

Roc Nation is eventually going to fold.
          ... they have signed guys from baseball, basketball and football as well...

(... win or lose, I suspect that they will end their deal with Ward...)

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            Kamegai is meaningless, but being active is what Cotto needs to revise his career. Hopefully for his sake the change in promotion will mean this.

Yeah by the time August comes around it will be 20 to 21 months since his last fight. As you stated he just needs to get in the ring to shake the cob webs off, shake the rust off, then look to a bigger fight afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... they have signed guys from baseball, basketball and football as well...

(... win or lose, I suspect that they will end their deal with Ward...)

Yeah, those other sports work out for them.

I was referring to their business with boxing. They are eventually going to go down like the Titanic.

Comment

CHARLO

ANDRADE

LARA

Are ready for Cotto but he doesn't want those fights. I dont blame a promo company for not allowing COTTO to do what PAC is doing by fighting a cab driver.

Comment

this is so pathetic. his own promoter publicly humiliates him and kicks him to the curb and what does he do...tries to fight the same guy again

Comment

Makes sense. Both have worked together to make big fights such as Floyd Mayweather and Canelo Alvarez.

Cotto won't sign a multiple fight deal with Golden Boy Promotions in my opinion. Fight by fight deal makes better sense for both parties.

Comment

The fact he is still moving forward with kamegai tells me this fight will likely end up being for the WBO 154 strap that canelo is vacating and that he likely will be fighting for a bigger money fight after this with golden boy. I think the rumor of him fighting canelo at the end of the year is real maybe in dec.

Comment

Working...
                      X