Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wlad Klitschko is NOT an all-time great Heavyweight, period.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    Prove it ******
    Don't have nothing to prove to your gay ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Like him or hate him anyone who holds a title for 11 years is an all time great not even the great Ali did this Only Joe Louis held a title longer. He had 23 title defenses only Joe Louis had more. The problem with you is you're one of them ghetto racist blacks who hates The White man beating up Black fighters
      Originally posted by O Prophet View Post
      LMFAO I'm not black you ******, I am the biggest Gayweather hater on this site, I just hate boring fighters in general and I feel Wlad's clinching tactics have ruined heavyweight boxing.
      O Prophet with the ether lol....

Comment

Whom Tyson beat other than old ass Larry Bird?

Comment

You can doubt his skill and his style. But look at his attributes:
          - ATG Right hand
          - ATG Jab
          - ATG Left hook.

Knocking Povetkin down repeatedly, knocking out Pulev, knocking out Tony Thompson...those are guys that don't just go down easily. It requires elite level power to knock those guys out. It takes a lot of skill just to land on them, let alone have the power to knock them out.

Comment

Only Luis Ortiz has knocked out Tony Thompson, and that was 8 years after Klitschko first did it.

Noone has made Pulev look like a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
              DUMBEST THREAD OTHE YEAR.

A 41 year old goes toe to toe with a primed out lion in Anthony Joshua and you have the dumb****ckc nerve to then say he's not an ATG and overrated? Get out of here, go back to your mothers, and stop following boxing.

SHAME ON YOU
              This. Ali was getting his ass handed by bums at wlad's age.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
                I agree with TS.

Wlad is a HOF but not an ATG. He'd have a lot more losses if his bro wasn't around. Wlad is pretty overrated on these boards if you ask me. The grab and lean was his bread and butter and when he fought good fighters his size who he couldn't do that to, he lost and bad (Fury, Joshua).

What about Pulev and Wach who were his size? Those fighters were trash.

Also, the argument that he fought whoever was available is BS. His bro fought the more dangerous fighters so that he wouldn't have to.

Good, but not great fighter. Never fought anyone half as good as Fury and when he did, got clowned.
                This.

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                I have never been a fan of Wlad, but he did exceed my expectations tonight. I expected a repeat of the Fury fight and him getting KO'd in 5 or less rounds. But for most of his career he was jab and grab, stiff and awkward. He almost always had a huge size advantage, and no big name opponents. He is a HOF HW, but not an ATG in my opinion. Class act though.
                Definitely this.

Comment

If "jab and grab" was so easy to do, more boxers would do it. There have been dozens of fighters 6'6+ over the last 20 years and none of them has succeeded the way Wlad has.

Comment

Wladimir klitchko is a hall of fame boxer. Period. /thread

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                      It's not his fault his era was devoid of other high level guys, that's not something he could control. He and his brother were the dominant HW's of their era. To me, the 2 Byrd wins, Peter, Brock, the 2 Thompson wins, Chagaev, Haye, Povetkin and Pulev are all good wins for what the division provided.

You bring up Larry Holmes, but he faced a similar problem in that his resume lacked a lot of eye catching names because of the era he was in.
                      This is the point. The OP should have a look at Larry Holmes' resume. Not exactly all household names and he never fought outside the US. Not knocking Holmes, but Wlad fought al over Europe and the US. Wlad is a first ballot hall of famer and all time great as long as Holmes is. In fact, anyone who reigns for nearly ten years is most likely great.

Comment

Working...
                      X