Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the fastest BIG heavyweight of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it would be between Wlad and Lewis. Lewis weighed about 230 in his prime and later he weighed about 245.

Comment

Ali hands down,never seen a faster heavyweight ever

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX.. View Post
        Ali hands down,never seen a faster heavyweight ever
        Was he a BIG hw though? Not really.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
          Was he a BIG hw though? Not really.
          6'3..215-220 sho aint small

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Ali at 6'/ 3 and 210 to 220 lbs is a big heavyweight! He is the fastest heavy of all time and theres no one near him!!!

I know all the younger fans look at the "crusier" and the "supersized" as divisions but I don't! The heavyweight champion has NO weight limits!
            He can weigh 165 if he wants to and the limits end at 175lbs
            but the question was who is the fastest of the BIG (namely 230+lbs and 6'3+).

It's already been more or less decided on who is the fastest hw of all time (and the answers usually varies between Ali, Floyd P and Mike T depending on preference and amount of exposure to the sport). What i want to know is who's the fastest of the really big guys. For with size increase, speed decreases. Ali would not be as fast if he were 250 as if he were 210.

Comment

6'3..215-220 sho aint small
              No, he's a midsized heavyweight.

And it's more like 210-215 lbs. He was 220-230 later in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                if we're talking super heavys it's between wlad and lewis nobody else comes close
                I totally agree. Wlad for me, has the fastest hands of any super heavy. His footwork is on par with Lewis' but I think Wlad, especially the early noughties version, moved around the ring a lot better. He was very fluid for a guy his size.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                  No, he's a midsized heavyweight.

And it's more like 210-215 lbs. He was 220-230 later in his career.
                  How many good huge heavyweights have there actually been?

Comment

I love when people come into threads and just post random stuff like Roy Jones is the fastest fighter to fight at HW when that is obviously not the question. Hit Ray Austin with 4 hooks at 1 time yall musta forgot.

Comment

How many good huge heavyweights have there actually been?
                      Not that many.

There's always been huge men in boxing but few have been successful. That's why i admire the Klitschkos success even in this pisspoor excuse of a division.

In short, i don't buy klitschkos success = because they have a size "advantage".

Comment

Working...
                      X