No announcement yet.

The Top Rank empire is starting to crumble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top Rank empire is starting to crumble

Cotto left, Margarito is washed up, Pavlik is a train wreck, Lopez will probably get knocked out by Salido again, Chavez Jr could very well get beat or even stopped by Rubio and finally Pacquiao's reputation is gonna take a major hit if he doesn't fight Floyd on May 5th. Donaire, Bradley, Gamboa and Rios aren't gonna stop that empire from falling...

that's crazy talk. Top Rank has tons of fighters. arum is a **** obviously if he doesn't make the floyd-pac fight. but that wont stop top rank

Comment

top rank has been around for decades.

they'll probably still be around for decades even after bob arum is gone.

Comment

I'm not sure if there's another promotional company that has as many resources as Top rank. So I don't understand how anyone can think that Top Rank is crumbling. Far, very far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          top rank has been around for decades.

they'll probably still be around for decades even after bob arum is gone.

Ah those 5 words are what people are wishing for. I'll throw a party to celebrate when that happens, free Lakers jerseys for all!!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            that's crazy talk. Top Rank has tons of fighters. arum is a **** obviously if he doesn't make the floyd-pac fight. but that wont stop top rank
            Of course I'm not saying the company will go under, I'm just saying they're on the decline because the marketability of their biggest draws has been dropping like crazy and their new generation of fighters isn't nearly as marketable as the previous one. They're not going anywhere but they will lose their hegemony and they will be forced to do co-promotions in order to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              Ah those 5 words are what people are wishing for. I'll throw a party to celebrate when that happens, free Lakers jerseys for all!!
              i don't mind him too much.

i hated don king even more growing up tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Of course I'm not saying the company will go under, I'm just saying they're on the decline because the marketability of their biggest draws has been dropping like crazy and their new generation of fighters isn't nearly as marketable as the previous one. They're not going anywhere but they will lose their hegemony and they will be forced to do co-promotions in order to survive.
                it happens every 4-5 years.

boxers get old , boxers get beat up , boxers move to another company.....

that's why promoters sign young prospects and build them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  i don't mind him too much.

i hated don king even more growing up tbh.
                  They're about even in my book tbh. Lately Arum is making a move to pull ahead, Don is trying his best to keep it even by letting his fighters sit on the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    I'm not sure if there's another promotional company that has as many resources as Top rank. So I don't understand how anyone can think that Top Rank is crumbling. Far, very far from it.
                    But do you agree that those resources are dwindling? 4 years ago they had Cotto, Margarito, Pavlik and Lopez all at their peak and they were all the biggest draws or 2nd biggest draws in their division. Look at them now, they're all washed up and one of them is leaving TR. It's not looking too good for the company right now...

Comment

Working...
                    X