No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Ring Return Being Positioned For June 24

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Time View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm aware of the $15 million they need to pay Cotto and that HBO can't afford it, thus is why Cotto-Kirkland was scheduled for PPV. I'm just wondering how they were able to get Cotto vs Geale on regular HBO if he's getting $15 mill a fight. I'm pretty sure they have ways to split his payment up or work something out with Cotto if the plan is a big PPV for the end of the year. He's going to either have to upgrade his opponent selection or if they do pick someone beatable, the name has to be decent enough along with a seriously stacked undercard to warrant a PPV. I don't think Roc Nation or his handlers are doing their due diligence to get things moving and done in a satisfactory manner for both the fighter and the fans. But we will see what happens here as June approaches.
    The guarantee is obviously a problem, expecially when Cotto doesnt seem to want to accept an opponent that might come ways towards justifying paying that kind of $$?!

Cotto is just looking for an easy win IMO - yet still expecting to get paid "real fight" money!

Comment

Working...
    X