Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raise your hand if you supported or excused Wilder for his body on my record comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I made no comment about it because I don't weigh in on every thing said by every boxer.

Dude just use some common f-cking sense and stop using a very real death as some justification for taking Wilder's comment, parsing it from the whole interview, and taking it literally.
    I do use common sense. And common sense tells me that you can DIE in the ring. And if that's the case, then it should be respected. There are 1,000 other ways for Wilder to sell a fight. One of which, is for him to actually grow a pair of balls and fight someone good, which he won't do. And Wilder said this repeatedly. He talked about watching the guys son, watch his own father die in the ring. Deal with what he said instead of playing it off.

Comment

They're pretty much the same ones that supported claratchet for sending someone from her thug entourage to attack an old man from behind.
      I remember i cringed hard as hell when he said that. Not only is he stupid hes a try hard

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
        I do use common sense. And common sense tells me that you can DIE in the ring. And if that's the case, then it should be respected. There are 1,000 other ways for Wilder to sell a fight. One of which, is for him to actually grow a pair of balls and fight someone good, which he won't do. And Wilder said this repeatedly. He talked about watching the guys son, watch his own father die in the ring. Deal with what he said instead of playing it off.
        It is utterly stupid to believe that just because you don't have an issue with what Wilder said or supported it months ago that you can't say RIP this week when Day's death was announced. If you know Wilder is selling the fight, then you know what he said shouldn't be taken literally.

You are making far more of it than needs to be. It's clear you don't like Wilder and are reaching for a reason to criticize him.

Comment

Thank you for the honest answer. I'm not a sensitive soul. Not at all actually. But I do respect the fact that a boxing match can end your life and it's not something to be played with. And repeatedly bragging about killing a man in the ring or watching him wiggle around with his brains scrabbling, is beyond distasteful, it's sickening. And it takes moments like these for people to see that
          No worries i wasn't calling you a sensitive soul i was talking generally in today's pc society your alright in my eyes not that that means much to you lol. But great thread raising awareness of a real issue that highlights the effect words can have regarding real issues when a boxer is injured. The line gets blurred at intent or whether a boxer like wilder is saying these things for promo.

Comment

Wow. cool. Well, I hope it's him that's the body on his record then. Maybe someone will kill him in the ring, and then maybe idiots like yourself will see how bad of a look that is. (Shaking my head)
            Why do you hope to lose possibly the greatest heavyweight in the current era? Remember how Kovalev got this bad boy image by killing Simakov? If Wilder killed Fury or Usyk, for example, it would turn him into a legend. Usyk won't go far in heavyweight anyway and Fury is done in by cocaine and depression, so it wouldn't be too huge a loss for the division if either of them disappeared. Don't get me wrong, I don't HOPE anyone gets killed, but I'm just saying that IF it happened, it would in a lot of ways be good for the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              It is utterly stupid to believe that just because you don't have an issue with what Wilder said or supported it months ago that you can't say RIP this week when Day's death was announced. If you know Wilder is selling the fight, then you know what he said shouldn't be taken literally.

You are making far more of it than needs to be. It's clear you don't like Wilder and are reaching for a reason to criticize him.
              It's utterly stupid for you to dismiss what Wilder said. And I never said that you can't say RIP today. I just said that if you did both, you are a hypocrite. Because it's ****ing true. YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE. Don't be mad at me, be mad at Wilder and anyone like him who say idiotic things like that. Ot get mad at yourself for being a hypocrite. Hypocrite

Comment

[QUOTE=ShawnTaylor;20128605]Why do you hope to lose possibly the greatest heavyweight in the current era? Remember how Kovalev got this bad boy image by killing Simakov? If Wilder killed Fury or Usyk, for example, it would turn him into a legend. Usyk won't go far in heavyweight anyway and Fury is done in by cocaine and depression, so it wouldn't be too huge a loss for the division if either of them disappeared. Don't get me wrong, I don't HOPE anyone gets killed, but I'm just saying that IF it happened, it would in a lot of ways be good for the sport.[/QUOTE

Wilder is the greatest heavyweight in the current era? How did he become that all of a sudden? By beating bum after bum? By avoiding all the best heavyweights in the last 5 years? By saying the dumbest things possible every time they interview his dumb ass?

Comment

EDIT: I ain't quoting or answering people who can't even quote properly, it turns the thread into a mess.

Comment

TC sounds like a menstruating ******

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon lock View Post
                      No worries i wasn't calling you a sensitive soul i was talking generally in today's pc society your alright in my eyes not that that means much to you lol. But great thread raising awareness of a real issue that highlights the effect words can have regarding real issues when a boxer is injured. The line gets blurred at intent or whether a boxer like wilder is saying these things for promo.
                      Ok. I can appreciate that. I've gotten a lot of DM's with guys saying that it's bad timing for me to being this up and I told them it's the perfect time to bring it up. Talk about it when it's fresh and make guys realize that it's a deadly sport so theres no excuses for what Qilder was saying. None. And the WBC should have done something about it. At least fined him or something. But it's no surprise that they didn't do anything. And I have only had one guy on this thread admit that he was being a hypocrite. one

Comment

Working...
                      X