No announcement yet.

Larry Merchant Ruined GGG vs Mayweather circa 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
    Floyd was the better fighter but provided ggg could make 154 without being a zombie i think he'd have won quite comfortably. Thats not a knock on floyd but theres a big difference in size and stylistically ggg is all wrong for floyd when u consider someone like maidana gave him hell. I dont see his counters at 154 being enough to stop ggg marching forwards and outworking him. But there's a big size difference there before mayweather fans start crying as they do whenever you say someone could beat him.
    A fighter saying 154 is easy contradicts zombieism. The younger you are the easier it is tolerate water drainage

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
      No. Floyd would have never fought GGG. In fact he rushed his retirement just to avoid the kazakh. people were already demanding that fight and he couldnt take the pressure

GGG scared Floyd into retirement
      This is why TBE is a Myth , Roberto Duran surpassed him by winning a Middle weight Title against Iran Barkley with out catch weights either

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
        If Merchant’s hating ass wasn’t so obvious, perhaps HBO could’ve had Floyd for another couple years. Knowing Abel’s character and GGG years in the future saying 154 was easy, Floyd and HBO would’ve obliged. I say 1.5 million PPV.
        Fanboys wanted floyd @ 54 but nothing to do with Ward at any weight! GTFOH! just hand ggg a payday?

Comment

Mayweather would never have fought GGG at 154 under any circumstances. No fuking way. He dad clearly said Floyd would never fight GGG at 154 or any weight. Floyd refused to go above 152 for the smaller, green and much less feared Canelo years earlier. GGG would have murdered him.

Comment

The OP is mentally disturbed.

Comment

Floyd would have never fought GGG just like he ducked sexy Sergio Martinez

Comment

If It took Nelo 3 fights to get used to 160"
                Floyd wuda never fought him....And he doesn't have 2

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
                  Fanboys wanted floyd @ 54 but nothing to do with Ward at any weight! GTFOH! just hand ggg a payday?
                  That's a load of BS. There was never a legit offer on the table at any time for GGG to fight Ward. Ward just made a meaningless media challenge when GGG couldn't possibly fight him because he was in training for a contracted fight with Lemieux. By the time GGG KOed Lemieux Ward was fighting as a light heavyweight and said he could no longer make 168 and was never returning to that weight. Get your facts straight and quit lying. FANBOY!

Comment

Floyd vs GGG in 2012? Idk about that. GGG wasn't even full on GGG then iirc. Sh^t people were still making Floyd vs Manny threads all day long back then. I think Merchant is waaaaaaay overrated but I don't see him ruining a fight that was never really on the table or coulda gotten on the table realistically back then.

Comment

Floyd wanted that fight for sure, it’s a shame it didn’t happen

Comment

Working...
                      X