Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: I'm Not Breaking Retirement To Fight Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t come back at 35 and out for three years! You will get a pay check but EVERYTHING else will be done to you to insure their victory. No Doubt at your age you are on their hit list !!

Be strong Andre

Comment

While I'd favor Ward to beat Canelo because of the style matchup there is a reason Hunter has said numerous times that he only would advise Ward the fight if the were tot ake 2 tune up fights.

Most of the people are making it look like a 2 year retired Ward is gonna school Canelo and that imho is not the case.

Take a look at Breadman's recent mailbag, it's not an easy fight for Ward but he would be the favorite thou.

Comment

Andre is legit scared of canelo

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post
          Ward won't come back because even though he would outbox Canelo, he can't KO/TKO Canelo, which means he'll get robbed on the scorecards.

Ward's best chance would be if he managed to cut Canelo bad and then got a doctor stoppage, which is much easier said than done.
          I think the Ward in Ward/Kovalev 2 would stop Canelo, maybe even the Ward in Ward/Kovalev 1.

Canelo has serious stamina issues, he's just very good at managing them. If Canelo didn't have stamina issues he would have whitewashed GGG in both fights (actually he would have stopped GGG in the second fight), but he constantly has to rest and manage his stamina throughout the fight, which is why he fights with GGG ended being close despite Canelo quite CLEARLY being the more skilled fighter both defensively and offensively.

Ward would have steamrolled Canelo in the second half of the fight. Ward has endless stamina and he makes you fight like hell every second of every round while sucking your stamina dry with mean body shots and brawling tactics.

Canelo wouldn't last.

But if 35 year old Ward comes out of retirement and jumps straight into a Canelo fight, I don't see him winning.

Comment

Andre Ward is no longer active. Why not fight Bivol and Beterbiev to clean out the division? Or fight Callum Smith at 168?

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
              Ward knows his entire career is a farce.

i've never seen a fighter that relies on fouls as his main techniques like this fraud.

he knows with Canelo, the refs and judges wouldn't be on his side. the gig would be up. it's over.

he's younger than GGG and Kovalev, yet he's going to leave 20 million on the table. he is a fraud.
              Ah shut the hell up already.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                I think the Ward in Ward/Kovalev 2 would stop Canelo, maybe even the Ward in Ward/Kovalev 1.
                Man please stop. Ward is not ko canelo

Comment

Fraudnello

Ward knows canelhoe a cheater along with golden girl and all the machine ... stay out brother !

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                    Andre is legit scared of canelo
                    Keep sucking canelhoe little pecker

Comment

No to ball hitters cownelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X