No announcement yet.

My picks for boxing at o2 this weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My picks for boxing at o2 this weekend

Lee Selby to win a decision over Ricky Burns.

Chisora to stop Pricey

Mugabu to outpoint Okolie but lose on the cards due to compromised judges.

Prograis to destroy Taylor, the poor man's Ricky Hatton.

I got Chisora to stop Price in the first half of the fight. Chisora's pressure is a total nightmare for the big man and he'll fold.

Comment

Selby points, Chisora inside 6, Taylor points. Is Okolie's opponent any good? Never seen him.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
        Lee Selby to win a decision over Ricky Burns.

Chisora to stop Pricey

Mugabu to outpoint Okolie but lose on the cards due to compromised judges.

Prograis to destroy Taylor, the poor man's Ricky Hatton.
        Meh. Pretty good picks...

I think selling Taylor as cut-rate Hatton's probably a bit unfair, dude's a good fighter and stylistically I'm not really seeing that much of Ricky, but I also think Regis is just better.

If you asked 100 people which they think is the most likely outcome of Delboi vs Pricey 90% of 'em gonna say the same as you, but that doesn't eliminate the decent possibility of if it happening the other way round... a KO does seem likely one way or the other though.

TBH I'm rooting on Ngabu here, by the KO, but given what we know of Okolie I'm probably being optimistic and your assessment is likely spot on.

Selby over Burns I think very likely despite the bookies having it pretty tight, ... The Rickster's a tough dude but he's long past his best - sure he's gonna make a good fight of it, but he's not won ish at this sorta level in the better part of a decade. Ricky's got a solid chin and it ain't like Lee's some kinda monster puncher so the distance pick is probably the safe one.

Comment

Chisora's the only fight I giva **** about.

If the weight division is the size of twelve year olds I don't give a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
            Selby points, Chisora inside 6, Taylor points. Is Okolie's opponent any good? Never seen him.

He's looked the part up to the level he's fought, man. I like him in this, but he's kinda up against it given Okolie's style and home court advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
              Chisora's the only fight I giva **** about.

If the weight division is the size of twelve year olds I don't give a ****.
              Okolie vs Ngabu might be nice, man, if you can stomach Lawrence's style. Pair of unbeaten Cruiserweight prospects - well, if you can call an EBU Champ a 'prospect'... I guess I mean unproven on the world scene.

Comment

Hoping that Price avoids another concussion but it’s a thin hope. I also hope that Taylor will at least be competitive but I think Prograis is on another level so it may not be.

Comment

hatton and taylor fight nothing alike

Comment

Hmm. This Ngabu-Okolie fights gives me a reason to turn the Prograis-Taylor card a bit earlier.

Comment

Working...
                    X