Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Harrison, Charlo Both Carry Personal Feel Into June Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Harrison, Charlo Both Carry Personal Feel Into June Rematch

Before they go toe to toe once again in the ring, Tony Harrison and Jermell Charlo were literally nose to nose on stage. Things became testy in a hurry at a kickoff press conference in Los Angeles on Wednesday to formally announce their super welterweight title fight rematch. The bout will take place on June 23 in a special Sunday evening edition of Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) on Fox live from Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada.
    [Click Here To Read More]

okay so I just watched the press conference, jermell was acting like a spoilt brat, ain't no point crying over spilled milk especially when you getting the chance to re-write the perceived wrong you feel they did you...may the best man win and move on to a unification with this saturday hurd/williams winner

Comment

I'm going for Charlo to win but my biggest worry with him is can he control his emotions. I expect him to win this time around but that temper of his is the unknown.

Comment

Is the guy fighting Tony Harrison any good? I’ve never heard of him.

Comment

Tony Harrison is frickin' awesome on the mic! His trash talk is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
            Tony Harrison is frickin' awesome on the mic! His trash talk is hilarious.
            Damn was it really? 🤔 I normally avoid most content including JC but I like Harrison more as a person from what I seen. The presser worth the watch?

Comment

Re

Here's the thing, that's gonna stack the odds against Jermell...

In the first fight, Jermell was the CHAMPION, and Harrison was the challenger (Harrison backers forget that detail).

The onus is on the challenger, to "do enough" to take the belt from champion. That timid, safety first performance from Harrison was obviously not enough to take a champions belt. Yet, he's judged the winner...

What is this telling Harrison? Well, he can fight the very SAME sleep inducing style, and THIS time, as champion, be legitimately judged the winner!!

The onus was not on Jermell to initiate action in the first fight, but now it IS!

I GUARANTEE you, that for all of Harrison's bravado at this press conference, he fights the very same way, with even LESS risks!

I'm not sold on Harrison improving his stamina issues, especially after that first fight.

It will be imperative that Charlo start early, outwork Harrison, come forward, in order to keep physical and mental pressure on Harrison.

Harrison is banking on winning a stare contest again.

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
                Here's the thing, that's gonna stack the odds against Jermell...

In the first fight, Jermell was the CHAMPION, and Harrison was the challenger (Harrison backers forget that detail).

The onus is on the challenger, to "do enough" to take the belt from champion. That timid, safety first performance from Harrison was obviously not enough to take a champions belt. Yet, he's judged the winner...

What is this telling Harrison? Well, he can fight the very SAME sleep inducing style, and THIS time, as champion, be legitimately judged the winner!!

The onus was not on Jermell to initiate action in the first fight, but now it IS!

I GUARANTEE you, that for all of Harrison's bravado at this press conference, he fights the very same way, with even LESS risks!

I'm not sold on Harrison improving his stamina issues, especially after that first fight.

It will be imperative that Charlo start early, outwork Harrison, come forward, in order to keep physical and mental pressure on Harrison.

Harrison is banking on winning a stare contest again.
                Charlo has the power to knock this fool out. Only thing he has to do is like you said is keep the mental and physical pressure high.

He has to cut the ring off and keep the guy trapped in the corner and he has to be much more active.

Charlo, most importantly, needs to learn that you can't one punch KO every opponent, sometimes you have to work hard for the KO.

He should take some body shot lessons from his stable mate Errol Spence junior and kill that weak ass Harrison body.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
                  Damn was it really? 🤔 I normally avoid most content including JC but I like Harrison more as a person from what I seen. The presser worth the watch?
                  I just fast forwarded to the fighters talking haha

Comment

Jermell has to win this or he will end up a gatekeeper

Comment

Working...
                    X