No announcement yet.

Did some work today - Video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unbirth View Post
    Holy fking ****, the fact that someone took the time to write all this **** cracks me the fuk up xD

I aint even gonna read ****, but thx brother
    Why would it crack you up that someone who lived it is actually trying to help you? What did you think would happen, we would all go gaga for your stripper rendition of a Boxers workout? It looks like you learned Boxing from a Charlie Zelenoff VHS instructional tape.

Honestly, you should be pleading to pay me for this consultation. I am the E.F. Hutton of Boxing junior.

I would, if i wanst 99 per cent sure hes full of ****
    If you didn't read it, why would you think I'm full of shít?

Originally posted by AaronJW View Post
    Shouldn't you be saying "thanks for taking the time to write all that advice"?!?
    Thanks Aaron.

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    McNulty is a very knowledgeable. I would take the time read it, even if needed while sitting on the ****ter.

But McNulty usually knows what he's talking about in these parts.
    Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
      Call me cold, but somebody has to tell this guy before he gets badly hurt in the ring. Just so you know, I'm not some Moe that's just tearing you up just to do it. I used to fight on a competitive level with champs in my gym. After I was done I trained fighters (Boxing and MMA) for a few years. When I was competing I trained with the two best trainers in the state who are pretty well known in the Am and Pro circuit. So let's get started.

When I see a video like yours, I get very very concerned. To put it nicely, you're making mistakes on every level. The footwork you're doing in jump rope is messing up your boxing form. You need to unlearn everything you've learned and I do mean everything. Jump rope is terrible, Shadow Boxing is very very bad and your Bag Work --- everything is flawed besides a left hook or two. You do seem athletic though so that's a plus.

Looks like you're performing for the camera which is weird. Also, looks like you've invented your own footwork which is really bad and it's going to get you hurt.

For instance. Your feet right at the beginning of jump rope and how you put your ball forward is really weird and unnatural. At 0:29 when you're going side-to-side your feet are too close together. Jump rope is a perfect time to practice real footwork so you should have a wide stance like you're going to shuffle laterally. The sequence from 0:48-0:55 is really uncoordinated, off tempo, and bad stuff in general.

The Shadow Boxing, you're throwing half punches which is bad bad bad. Looks like you've been doing this for a while so its pretty ingrained. Too much bouncy bouncy. Do that in a sparring session and I'm blitzing you as soon as you bounce more than 2x. Feet flat and long punches bro.

Why are you squaring your feet up at 1:15? You're square the whole time actually. 1:18 - 1:19 wth is that man? Those weird quarter length punches will get you knocked cold and switching the stance going backward, you got to do something like throw a punch. Your feet are very robotic and your left hook is always out of place. When the palm is facing down that's for a long hook. If you miss you turn it into a jab. Closer ranged hooks the palm should be facing your face, power on the inside. Palm facing down for longer engagements and you need a right hand after it.

1:39 you're totally square. The little shuffle at 1;44, bro come on. Touching your heel like that I don't even know what to say. That's not Boxing, that's like some dance nouveau interpretation to Boxing.

That punch at 1:50 if I was training you I would be very mad. Never ever do that.

OK lets go the the bag, I can't look at anymore of that. Those last two right hands at the end of the shadowboxing will get you killed in a real session. I've never seen anything so weird in my life.

The first 1-2 on the bag, ugh. What kind of right hand is that? Terrible form. Shoulder touching cheek man, looking forward and that footwork after that, throw that crap out of your arsenal. Don't steady the bag. Let it swing and use the swing for judging distance.

What are you doing at 4:15? Moving your left foot like that, never do that. You never twist your right foot for power on your right hand. You just raise it. Imagine you're stomp rubbing a cigar on the street. Either that or completely flat for power. Raising your heel does nothing.

4:27-4:30 what ARE you doing? I really have no idea what that is. You like shake your ass and do some stripper twist.

You always have your elbow bent on your straight right hands, why? Actually, don't answer that.

Those 1-2's at 4:40 you need to twist your right heel man and those should be longer. Never do those short.

The hook at 4:48 why are you hopping vertically? You're going to get sniped.

I got to stop here, no sense going forward. You have a lot of impediments. You seem to have spent a lot of hours in the gym. Whoever is training you, leave them. Is he some MMA guy or something? Get to a grimy and dirty Boxing gym with preferably a African-American or Mexican trainer. Whatever you do don't ever spar anybody that's got fights under their belt and never go to another rival gym to spar.

Sorry if you're insulted man, but you're going to get badly badly hurt. I respect fighters putting the hours in so I'm going lite. Do yourself a favor and put your time to good use. Best of luck.
      Haha you are being more polite to him than you was to me hh

Comment

Originally posted by Freedef View Post
        Haha you are being more polite to him than you was to me hh
        I actually heavily edited my post ^ to OP. First draft was very abrasive.

Comment

Lmao! I read your post before seeing the video, and I'm thinking, damn he's being hard on the guy, who's just trying to train. Then I saw the video. It almost looks like a parody.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            Lmao! I read your post before seeing the video, and I'm thinking, damn he's being hard on the guy, who's just trying to train. Then I saw the video. It almost looks like a parody.
            I'm willing to bet he's being instructed by an MMA trainer. The made up stuff reeks of MMA.

Comment

I'm willing to bet he's being instructed by an MMA trainer. The made up stuff reeks of MMA.
              That makes sense to me. The arm mechanics remind of "horse stance punches" at various times, and the foot crossing isn't uncommon in many traditional styles

Comment

Damn mate! My bad, just saw on another post made by you, that at 6 months of boxing u were already a novice champion in your class, and 2 years in u were hanging with the best pros in the boxing game. Damn u're one of a kind.

I'll tell you what, im more of a visual person, so if you can share some footage of you working i would be much appreciated. Surely from all the time you spent at the top level u gotta have some videos you can share brother. Or even now igaf i just wanna study you, i would glady watch every second footage of you.

Gonna be waiting of those videos, thx in advance bro.

Cheers

Comment

Damn mate! My bad, just saw on another post made by you, that at 6 months of boxing u were already a novice champion in your class, and 2 years in u were hanging with the best pros in the boxing game. Damn u're one of a kind.

I'll tell you what, im more of a visual person, so if you can share some footage of you working i would be much appreciated. Surely from all the time you spent at the top level u gotta have some videos you can share brother. Or even now igaf i just wanna study you, i would glady watch every second footage of you.

Cheers
                  I smell some irony sheet

Comment

I would, if i wanst 99 per cent sure hes full of ****
                    Nope I read it and it's real good advice. He knows his stuff, take the critique and learn from it man. Everything he said is for you to get better

Comment

Cheers
                      One of a kind? Not really. I just had good trainers and did what they said. I knew pro's personally and they worked with me. There were plenty of amateurs better than me. Novice class isn't a big deal dude.

I'm here anonymously. I'm not going to show you my sparring or workout tapes (they're on VHS anyway). I have a deep respect for the guys that worked with me and don't want them involved in my posting habits here.

I was never at the top so stop being a punk ass bítch with the patronizing tone.

If you want an invoice for consultation services I can provide you with a bill and an email I strictly use for PayPal.

But if you think you're going to turn this into a pissing match it's not going to happen David.

Whats a Portuguese mug like you doing in the UK bruv?

Comment

Working...
                      X