Rio Ferdinand (futbola) to box as a professional at age of 38

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio Ferdinand (futbola) to box as a professional at age of 38

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...-boxer-age-38/

This is making headlines all over the place. Big mistake on his part. Too old IMO.

Comment

He was one of the best CB's in the world for a couple of years.

Never liked him though so hope he gets knocked smooth out.

Comment

Thought it was for charity but he's gone and got Richie Woodhall and everything.

Comment

a fight with john terry would get lots of ppv buys. im sure non would look as bad as andrew flintoff. he looked like he was throwing balls with his right. it was pretty fun to watch though as he got kocked down.

and as someones said, he is too old, but not a lot of where and tare as he aint fought nobody.

hopefully its on dave so we can all see it for free.

Comment

I wonder which promoter will put his pro debut on one of their shows. McGuigan did the Flintoff thing for the record

Comment

Rio has always been a dick of a human being but if he fights at a low level, takes a couple years to build up some momentum and then gets a British title shot, I can see him doing well enough.

Its remarkable how good a career someone like Woodhouse had having started so late but he was a lot younger than 38 when he did.

Comment

I wonder how big his drawing power will be....

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                  I wonder how big his drawing power will be....
                  Probably big for the first fight and then it all depends on how he performs to create believers.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    Probably big for the first fight and then it all depends on how he performs to create believers.
                    Fair Play to him, In some ways if a 38 year old man can turn professional within boxing! (This is why for me, It is a great sport! It gives anybody, anybody a opportunity to earn a living! All you need is courage, and the Heart to enter into a realm of competitiveness that few men dare to).

Comment

Working...
                    X