No announcement yet.

Andre Berto Considers MMA Switch To Become Dual Combat Sport Champ! [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Berto Considers MMA Switch To Become Dual Combat Sport Champ! [VIDEO]

Andre Berto's father, brother and sister are all MMA practitioners and now Berto himself is considering a move to the sport with the objective of becoming the first (male) boxing world champion to win an MMA title.

*Holly Holm was the first person to win a boxing world title and go on to win an MMA title when she beat Ronda Rousey.

17:45

Max Holloway would push his sh^t in like everyone else in boxing with a decent or better name.

Seems like he's getting long in the tooth to be making the switch too. Be like a less interesting, although more skilled version of CM Punk.

Comment

If a WWE wrestler can become HW champ then Berto can win a title there. Holly Holm did too. Berto might be a bit too old for it though now.

It shows the talent level in each sport. No way a WWE star can come into Boxing a win a title, i don't even care if they had a bit of a boxing background in the past. No MMA fighter is coming into boxing and winning world titles either.

Comment

Berto is strong AF, I could see him making waves in MMA to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Max Holloway would push his sh^t in like everyone else in boxing with a decent or better name.

Seems like he's getting long in the tooth to be making the switch too. Be like a less interesting, although more skilled version of CM Punk.
          If Berto landed 1 of those punches little Aldo landed on Halloway, Halloway goes night night. But I doubt any MMArtist trade hands with berto. A boxers biggest vice in MMA is their stance, that lead legs is out there all day to be chopped down with kicks.

Comment

His brother does/did MMA he can do the switch easily... besides the grappling is the easy part.

Comment

Been saying this for the longest here. Mike Alvarado would do good with his wrestling background and we all know he's a descent striker, at least for MMA for sure.

Chris Algieri could also do things, former kickboxer

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                If Berto landed 1 of those punches little Aldo landed on Halloway, Halloway goes night night. But I doubt any MMArtist trade hands with berto. A boxers biggest vice in MMA is their stance, that lead legs is out there all day to be chopped down with kicks.
                I'd take that bet all day. Berto is in old boxer land with turning 34 in less then a month. Conor has only been taken to a decision twice as a pro & one of those guys was Max Holloway. Dude is tricky & a problem. Berto is old & was never THAT good in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                  Been saying this for the longest here. Mike Alvarado would do good with his wrestling background and we all know he's a descent striker, at least for MMA for sure.
                  He'd never pass a drug test. I think he's got miles on him past his age too. He should stick to boxing & shooting up or whatever he's doing in between fights.

Chris Algieri could also do things, former kickboxer
                  Chris would be interesting to see what he can do in MMA. Not sure if he's got any BJJ or wrestling in his wheelhouse or not, but these days with all the standing I think a guy like Chris could probably just keep it standing unless he got in with a strong wrestler or BJJ guy who'd just wrestlef#ck or submit him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    He'd never pass a drug test. I think he's got miles on him past his age too. He should stick to boxing & shooting up or whatever he's doing in between fights.

Chris would be interesting to see what he can do in MMA. Not sure if he's got any BJJ or wrestling in his wheelhouse or not, but these days with all the standing I think a guy like Chris could probably just keep it standing unless he got in with a strong wrestler or BJJ guy who'd just wrestlef#ck or submit him.
                    The mileage from a boxing kat to an MMA bout, especially where one has a significant bg in wrestling, would do well. I say Alvarado would do good in the UFC

Comment

Working...
                    X