Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A loss for boxing if Conor McGregor lasts the distance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A loss for boxing if Conor McGregor lasts the distance?

The self-proclaimed 'Best Ever', 49-0, multiple weight champion and all that, boxing's cash cow. Versus a complete novice to the sport with no amateur backround, 0-0. What does it say about boxing if somebody can just "roll up" and take the sports best the distance? Personally I'd say that's embarrassing.

if floyd doesnt stop conor, break conor's nose and bust up one of his eye then floyd should stay retired.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      if floyd doesnt stop conor, break conor's nose and bust up one of his eye then floyd should stay retired.
      So true, it is not going the distance, Floyd by 10 round TKO stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionn View Post
        The self-proclaimed 'Best Ever', 49-0, multiple weight champion and all that, boxing's cash cow. Versus a complete novice to the sport with no amateur backround, 0-0. What does it say about boxing if somebody can just "roll up" and take the sports best the distance? Personally I'd say that's embarrassing.
        You guys can't have it both ways.

On the one hand, you post this fight is a sham (agree) should be counted as an exhibition and not a real fight (agree) and you are not watching it because it isn't about the best fighting the best, just a cash grab.

Then, after posting this, you say Floyd losing or not KOing Conor would be devastating for the sport,

Sorry but that seems like an over reaction.

Comment

All Floyd has to do is box Conor's ears off which is what he will do and if he stops Conor, so be it. Floyd will let Conor's wild swings clip air. The exhibition may even look funny and provide humor. The biggest difference may not actually be skills and talent, even though there is a huge gap there, the difference may be that Conor is nothing but a hot head and Floyd will be composed and control his emotions. Thats a place where they will be as opposite as it gets cause Conor will be trying way too hard and get frustrated.

Comment

I don't know, a shutout is pretty embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              You guys can't have it both ways.

On the one hand, you post this fight is a sham (agree) should be counted as an exhibition and not a real fight (agree) and you are not watching it because it isn't about the best fighting the best, just a cash grab.

Then, after posting this, you say Floyd losing or not KOing Conor would be devastating for the sport,

Sorry but that seems like an over reaction.
              I kinda agree with Dunn on this one. If it's not even a real fight how is that embarrassing for boxing? How is it an embarrassment for a sport if a guy who isn't known for knockouts doesn't knock somebody out? regardless if the guy is a novice or not, if the guy doesn't have the power to finish him then it'll just be 12 rounds of getting hit repeatedly

Comment

A loss for boxing would be a McGregor victory.

If Mcgregor is somehow competitive and it goes the distance it would hurt boxing, but it wouldn't be as bad of a loss as Mayweather losing.

Really, the only way boxing can possible win in this situation is if McGregor gets embarrassed. Getting KOed or TKOed doesn't matter, it's the fashion in which he loses that matters.

Comment

Not really. If he get's clowned for 12 rounds is that an accomplishment? We all know the deal with Mayweather's hands. It's not like he's going against a killer like GGG, Spence, Canelo. Mayweather's the best scientist(Hit not get hit back), but that doesn't translate to KOs.

He doesn't get credit for lasting 12 rounds from me after all this shyt talk. It's gotta be a productive 12 rounds.

That said I anticipate Mayweather will touch him up enough for the ref or corner to step in.
                  Last edited by Biolink; 07-18-2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I said this other day. If Conor lasts the distance it's as good as a win for MMA than a loss. Can you imagine the backlash? We'll never hear the end of it, "an MMA fighter with no boxing experience did well against their best boxer...lol..coz MMA is a complete fighting system". Joe Rogan will do a 5 year podcast on the fight. It's ABSOLUTELY VITAL that Mayweather KOs Conor. And don't tell me a dominating win is good enough....NO!!!! casuals don't care about a points win, all they'll see is a UFC fighter going the distance and it'll put newcomers off boxing, and this is a fight purely targeted at casuals. Mayweather needs to KO Conor just as James Toney was stopped in the octagon by Randy Coutre. Nothing short of a KO is acceptable. Mayweather put himself in this situation and he has to deliver, or the ****er will have turned off more people off boxing than the millions he turned off in the Pacquiao fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X