Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward isn't fighting Beterbiev, Stevenson, Bivol, or any other of those no name LHW's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward isn't fighting Beterbiev, Stevenson, Bivol, or any other of those no name LHW's

Ward has reached Mayeather level (in his mind) where he's only looking to fight in big events against name fighters. There are no big name cruiserweights. That's why they mentioned Heavyweight and said there's no money in a Stevenson fight. I can see him fighting Bellew at heavyweight if he's willing to travel overseas. They're serious about the Joshua fight but Joshua is way too big for him. Ward isn't gonna go back to fighting the likes of Beterbiev on HBO for $2 mil dollars. I'd love to see the Stevenson fight but Ward isn't interested in that fight.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Ward has reached Mayeather level (in his mind) where he's only looking to fight in big events against name fighters. There are no big name cruiserweights. That's why they mentioned Heavyweight and said there's no money in a Stevenson fight. I can see him fighting Bellew at heavyweight if he's willing to travel overseas. They're serious about the Joshua fight but Joshua is way too big for him. Ward isn't gonna go back to fighting the likes of Beterbiev on HBO for $2 mil dollars. I'd love to see the Stevenson fight but Ward isn't interested in that fight.
    Except that hes not Mayweather. Not at the gate. Not on PPV. Hes not getting $5-6M per fight after this PPV does ~150K on PPV. Roc Nation isnt just gonna continue giving their money away.

Ward should chase the Stevenson fight. Nothing else out there for him unless Golovkin jumps 15 pounds after the Canelo fight.

Comment

Nah, they aren't serious about fighting AJ. They know that fight will never happen in the first place. Ward would get killed

Stevenson vs Ward makes sense and I hope that fight will take place. They could fight in Canada, that would be a huge fight. Ward would have all the belts and can call himself the undisputed LHW champion if he beats Stevenson and takes his WBC belt

Comment

there isn't any other big fight imo, and it's not his fault here. he should try to unify with stevenson (that if the pimp actually wants it) and try to get GGG at 175 or a CW. i think he retires soon, dude made a shit load of money in this last two fights and seems to not care much for the sport

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Except that hes not Mayweather. Not at the gate. Not on PPV. Hes not getting $5-6M per fight after this PPV does ~150K on PPV. Roc Nation isnt just gonna continue giving their money away.

Ward should chase the Stevenson fight. Nothing else out there for him unless Golovkin jumps 15 pounds after the Canelo fight.
          Oh trust me I know he isn't Mayeather level as far as being a draw. But he's Mayeather level in accomplishments & in his mind that means he deserves steer his career like Mayeather. Ward isn't gonna bother fighting these young up and comers. I think he's looking for two or three more big money fights and he's out

Comment

Stevenson or you ducked.

No excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
              Nah, they aren't serious about fighting AJ. They know that fight will never happen in the first place. Ward would get killed

Stevenson vs Ward makes sense and I hope that fight will take place. They could fight in Canada, that would be a huge fight. Ward would have all the belts and can call himself the undisputed LHW champion if he beats Stevenson and takes his WBC belt
              When Virgil said there's no money in the Stevenson fight the reporter said there is in Canada and Virgil said why should we go to Canada? We're the champion

Comment

It's a bit of a predicament. He is near the end of his career (just based on how he talks about his life and plans) and wants what every fighter wants; money fights to go out on.

Dude has proved himself over and over again. If he wants to get paid before hanging them up, I get it. I just hope it plays out well. I don't see anything that's both smart and yet also money and interesting to the fans. IMO, he should either take on the contenders at 175 or retire. I say that as a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  there isn't any other big fight imo, and it's not his fault here. he should try to unify with stevenson (that if the pimp actually wants it) and try to get GGG at 175 or a CW. i think he retires soon, dude made a shit load of money in this last two fights and seems to not care much for the sport
                  He could make a ton of money fighting Bellew and that's a winnable fight. Not sure if he'll travel tho.

Comment

LOL yea you are probably on point. Ward put on a great performance last night, even if the ref kinda marred it up a bit, but there is no one I trust more to misuse a surge in their career more than Ward in the boxing world.

If he fights again this year I'll be surprised. If he fights a opponent I think has much of a chance against him next time out I'll be surprised. Really the only fights I wanna see Ward in at 175 now is Stevenson & Beterbiev & I think Bivol & the Nail & even Joe Smith are some fair game fights, but its probably too early for Bivol & the Nail to give them their best shot & idk if Joe would ever be competitive with Ward. CW is an interesting move cuz I think there are much bigger threats (literally & figuratively), but idk that the money is there anymore than at 175.

And HW as always is the sexiest move to make, but idk that Joshua is smart or doable. I mean whats the upside for Joshua? Ward brings no huge money or lotsa fans + he's what 70lbs lighter then Joshua. Its a lose lose lose for Joshua, if he loses its bad, if he wins he beat a lil guy-to him anyway & he's not getting paid for the lose lose situation if he took it. Makes no sense. So then its either Wilder or Parker to f#ck with which I would give Ward some chance of beating & it would be an impressive feat & I could see those guys agreeing to the fight so who knows.

Mainly I just expect disappointment & lackluster moves with Ward when things are looking good cuz he's not failed me thus far with that very often.

Comment

Working...
                    X