Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Wlad lose power from coming in light?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Wlad lose power from coming in light?

He weighed 240lbs with pants on so he probably weighed that night 238.
    I get his strategy was to come in light so he could use his agility to outmaneuver and outbox Joshua but his punches didnt seem to have the weight behind them that they normally do.
    Maybe if he was his usual self he could have finished Joshua?

Thoughts?

Nope, looked just as powerful as normal and was quicker which likely gave him more confidence to be offensive, Wlad hasn't been that aggressive in years.

Comment

Good question actually. That right hand in the 6th should've sent Joshua's head into the stands.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Could be, but he had the right tactics. He was much faster than AJ on his feet.

Comment

He usually weighs 243-245, a few pounds isn't having any impact on the power of a guy that size.

A couple of lbs doesn't have much impact on guys at 154, let alone guys that weigh nearly 100lbs more.

Comment

I don't think he lost any power at that weight. He didn't look underweight. He looked like a lean boxer in shape. He has fought as light as 220 pounds during his pro career. He said after the loss that he was in great condition. His straight right and left hook were both hard and fast. He almost knocked AJ out with with a single straight right.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
              He weighed 240lbs with pants on so he probably weighed that night 238.
              I get his strategy was to come in light so he could use his agility to outmaneuver and outbox Joshua but his punches didnt seem to have the weight behind them that they normally do.
              Maybe if he was his usual self he could have finished Joshua?

Thoughts?
              His weight played no part in why he lost. He could have EASILY finished Joshua after the KD but he let him recuperate for 2 rounds. And the funny thing is when he was knocked down he wasn't flailing about the ring like AJ - he still had his wits about him. I don't care what his fanboys say about him, but AJ has HORRIBLE STAMINA and it's only a matter of time before he faces a young buck like Wilder who won't let him off the hook so easily.

Comment

Working...
              X