Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you praying for Haymon's downfall, are you willing to sacrifice PBC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    They hate PBC............because Haymon is over it and .wait for it.........Haymon is associated with Mayweather
    So, everything boils down to Mayweather now? Hymen promotes quite a few boxers other than Mayweather, fighters that have plenty of fans that don't really care too much for Hymen or his business model. Some people can see how a lot of boxers might get screwed if the floor falls out of this thing and they are locked into contractual agreements that don't allow them to fight at all.

Comment

i want to watch REAL boxing, i dont are who are what is providing it. right now I see that haymon fights lack legit aggression and its obvious as hell

guerrero, molina, and now, the giveaway, pac, all stop throwing punches and dont seem as aggressive as usual. wonder why. thurman-mayweather? thurman will suddenly lose everything hes shown to this point just wait

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
        It's kind of hypocritical when Haymon groupies label anyone who isn't keen on Haymon's way of working a 'hater'.

It works both ways. If Haymon wasn't linked to Floyd, he wouldn't have as many cheerleaders as he has on here. It was the same with Broner. When he was linked with Floyd..all the same posters jumped on the Broner band-wagon.

Maybe some boxing fans just aren't naive enough to align to guy just because of who has dealings with. Some don't like miss-miss matches, vacating titles, paying step a-side money and refusals to work with other promoters.
        Yeah, the idea of the whole thing sounds good but there are a lot of glaring details that don't sit well with me, regardless of who is running the thing. As someone else has commented on, Hymen's reclusiveness and cult like following comes off as shady to the core. It all kind of looks like the makings of an entirely new organization like UFC or something which people can and will say is good because it eliminates the corruption associated with the current boxing organizations.

If this happens, then there will only be one boxing organization with total control to pretty much make the boxers do what ever it sees fit. Not so sure how well that's going to play out in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by YOU WILL LOSE View Post
          i want to watch REAL boxing, i dont are who are what is providing it. right now I see that haymon fights lack legit aggression and its obvious as hell

guerrero, molina, and now, the giveaway, pac, all stop throwing punches and dont seem as aggressive as usual. wonder why. thurman-mayweather? thurman will suddenly lose everything hes shown to this point just wait
          Maybe.....the whole shoulder thing and now the talk of a rematch next year???? Man, I got to see some pics of the injury or something because it's not adding up for me at all. Really starting to look like there was something in place here or something. It's like how can one man's team mess up a fight of this magnitude that badly?

If he fights Thurman and the guy throws up a complete dud, maybe you hit the nail on the head.

Comment

The main problem is most of pbcs card suck a bag of ****s. Who wants to see Lara vs shot to shiet delvin Rodriguez who never was very good or ghost Guerrero vs Aron Martinez, Deontay wilder vs Eric Molina lo lol etc etc if the fights were good like we got a couple of in the first 2 nbc shows we wouldn't complain.

Plus watch the shows. Almost no advertisements. Just hyping the fighters between rounds. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that declining ratings, poor matchups, and no advertisements isn't sustainable. He can lose that $400mil hedge fund while pocketing 20% of his fighters inflated salaries. He gets rich, the fighters make a ton of loot while we get **** shows till this implodes in 2 years.

Then what do those fighters do?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              So, everything boils down to Mayweather now? Hymen promotes quite a few boxers other than Mayweather, fighters that have plenty of fans that don't really care too much for Hymen or his business model. Some people can see how a lot of boxers might get screwed if the floor falls out of this thing and they are locked into contractual agreements that don't allow them to fight at all.
              I'm not worried about the fighters if the floor falls out of the PBC. Chances are good that the courts would void any fighter's contract as requested. In fact, if Haymon is found in violation of the Ali Act and guilty of Anti-trust violations it is very possible that all their contracts will be null and void and they will be free agents able to sign wherever they wish.

Could actually turn out to be the best thing to happen to many of them. And many could end up with a lawsuit against Haymon of their own for various things such as willful misrepresentation. If Haymon loses, it can open the gates of hell on his head.

Or not.

Comment

Same reason they hate Showtime, hate Schaefer and they hate PBC....Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  Same reason they hate Showtime, hate Schaefer and they hate PBC....Floyd Mayweather Jr.
                  So basically the majority of people that are hating on these great PBC cards are people who don't even care about the sport as a whole to begin with. All they care about is Floyd and Pacq.... or actually #48.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    The main problem is most of pbcs card suck a bag of ****s. Who wants to see Lara vs shot to shiet delvin Rodriguez who never was very good or ghost Guerrero vs Aron Martinez, Deontay wilder vs Eric Molina lo lol etc etc if the fights were good like we got a couple of in the first 2 nbc shows we wouldn't complain.

Plus watch the shows. Almost no advertisements. Just hyping the fighters between rounds. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that declining ratings, poor matchups, and no advertisements isn't sustainable. He can lose that $400mil hedge fund while pocketing 20% of his fighters inflated salaries. He gets rich, the fighters make a ton of loot while we get **** shows till this implodes in 2 years.

Then what do those fighters do?
                    THAT was a VERY good point that I missed completely. Haymon makes out like a bandit whether the PBC works or not. He convinces his investors that the best way to attract fighters is to pay them inflated purses. He gets his percentage from the fighters and the investors lose their money over however many years he can continue to pull this off.

Comment

People don't like change.

A lot of people find the production poor. I don't particularly like it either but as long as they are putting on good bouts you can't complain.

Comment

Working...
                      X