Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Says Alfredo Angulo Will Be Foe on March 8th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am sick of this, Canelo vs Angulo pay per view ? boxing is becoming a joke, plus as a potential title fight ? Canelo you should fight Lara. Boxing needs to wake up I have been an avid boxing fan since I was 4 years old, that was 1960 but I am about to give it up, there is only mismatches, not any fights the fans wants to see anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      You take a look at the fights against Trout and see who hurt him more. Looks clearly like Lara to me. So clearly Lara hits harder than the Ginger.

it's impossible to take seriously anybody engaging in a discussion of a fighter while calling him "the ginger."

Comment

• Originally posted by mex602 View Post
        angulo made the fight

just like trout tired to by charging head first

Lara is horrible to watch.
        kill yourself please

This is exactly the reason why am starting to love ufc the best fight the best, please someone tell me how the **** are two losers gonna fight for a belt, **** all the promoters and **** boxing
        Last edited by ihatebobarum; 01-06-2014, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
          Bro the Rigo and Lara fights that where on the same night were the worst. BOOOS alll over Lara that Trout had to come forward to give the people a show, the REAL boxing fans" left during Rigo 's fight, lol they had Better things to do like getting the hell out of the building lmao
          I've seen them both: Lara's fight came first... Then Rigo's; but after five rounds or so I fell asleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            Angulo knocks this kid out.

I'm almost positive

i'd love to see it [just not on ppv,] and the bscene aftermath, but it will never happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Canelo has never been in an exciting fight. I've never seen a Canelo fight and told myself that I need to rewatch that shit the next day. Unless you're part of the nationalistic Mexican Canelo hive mind, I have no clue why anyone would be a fan of his and would be willing to shell out $70 bucks for him. (with exception against a quality name opponent like Floyd obviously)

Yes, it can potentially be exciting, but Angulo does that with anyone. And I'm sure he'll be in another dozen exciting losing performances after this. There will be nothing special about this specific losing performance that's worth an extra 70 bucks though.

I really hope this cherry pick goes wrong. My boner will be bigger than seeing Broner lose.
              That's a big mystery how this guy got so much following, other than the hair. His style is not normally appreciated by Mex fans: low workrate, bad stamina, won't take a punch to deliver his, won't go all out even when he's hopelessly behind. Usually in boring fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
                Has nothing to do with whose the better boxer.. Oh and both opponents got smoked..

In any sport a blow out is not exciting right ?
                it depends but their style will NEVER be ppv fan friendly.

Its like a baseball team scoring by only bunting the ball GTFO here with that fans want to see Home RUns.

If they try to be fan friendly and grow balls they will get checked

didnt rigo get dropped by marroquin???? we all just saw what happened with Lara.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  I don't know whether to even believe people watched Lara/Trout anymore, considering I've seen two people say they switched to the Paulie/Judah fight while Lara/Trout was on.
                  I don't know about that but i had the Kirkland/Tapia on, then switched back to showtime for Trout/Lara. Thats what most smart people would've done.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    Lara with less experience in the pros has the best resume at 154 behind Molina. I'd say even in front of Molina.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    The kid is 23 years old, give him a damn break. I'm sure Canelo will have a very respectable resume by the time he is 25 or 26. And his current resume is very respectable for a 23 year old.

Carlos Molina - Ishe Smith, Cory Spinks, Kermit Cintron, James Kirkland, Erislandy Lara. Not to mention Mike Alvarado and J.C. Chavez Jr. fights at lower weights that many people thought he won.

Erislandy Lara - Austin Trout, Vanes Martirosyan, Alfredo Angulo, Carlos Molina, Paul Williams.

I think their resumes are about the same. But you're Cuban so maybe that's why you favor Lara's. I think a rematch between Lara and Molina will settle who the best at 154 is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
                      At 25 years old Erislandy Lara was fighting a 4-21-2 Deniss Aleksejevs, LMAO.

Imagine Canelo right now at 23 fighting a 4-21-2 fighter.
                      Lara had an extensive amateur record so he payed his dues in amateurs so him being 25 and fighting a learning fight against a losing record fellow is irrelevant. You had to go all the way to a second fight to poke holes why not the fites after getting a title belt the ones that count i mean Canelo won a vacant title vs Matthew "not so Ricky" Hatton, defended against no hopers and shot fiters. Also thats the only guy with a losing record on Lara's resume. If Lara is so bad maybe Canelo should snatch his title easy money? no?

Why not fellow compatriot Carlos Molina who holds the IBF version? Canelo aint taking no risks and that mayweather fite was a payday besides Trout Canelo is a sad hype job.

Assuming you are Mexican you guys have pile high of World Champions to back yet ppl still wanna back jokers like Canelo and Chavez. I even rate Demarco, Jhonny Gonzalez and Orlando Salido above these clowns.

Comment

Working...
                      X