No announcement yet.

Hagler vs Monzon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
    Always saw this as Monzons fight, myself.
    To what degree?

Do you believe Monzn takes all in a 3 fight series?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      To what degree?

Do you believe Monzn takes all in a 3 fight series?
      I don't see Halger getting white washed Vs. anyone in history at 160.

But I would definitely favour a 2-1 loss at the very least to Monzon. JMO.

Comment

I think I know where Dan and Marvs loyalties lie...

Comment

This would be a pretty epic fight. I don't like saying either of these 2 would lose because they both were monsters at their peak, almost unbeatable.

This is just a wild guess but Hagler by close decision. Both were animals. Too me thats like asking who would win between a Gorilla and a Siberian tiger or lion. That ***** would be ridiculous the watch. The fight probably wouldn't be too much of a brawl but it'd still be ****in epic.

Comment

In a perfect world it would go 1-1-1 and we all could argue some more.

I've always seen it 2-1 in Haglers favor but he would look like s**t doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
              This would be a pretty epic fight. I don't like saying either of these 2 would lose because they both were monsters at their peak, almost unbeatable.

This is just a wild guess but Hagler by close decision. Both were animals. Too me thats like asking who would win between a Gorilla and a Siberian tiger or lion. That ***** would be ridiculous the watch. The fight probably wouldn't be too much of a brawl but it'd still be ****in epic.
              You know gorillas are preyed upon by leopards? It may as well be a monkey in there, for all the chance a gorilla has against a cat that size.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                I used to be confient of Hagler winning but, now I'm not so sure.

I am confiedent though it would not be a "war" unless Hagler is losing at the end (which is likely) then the pace will increase but, not to the "war" standard. It's also one I see happening in 3 parts,

The first few rounds will be close, with both excellent jabs being used frequently.

Monzon would then begin to counter and predict Hagler in my opinion.

Haglers would become an aggresive fighter and take the pace up using his superb stamina which was a little better than Monzons to start putting some rounds in the bank.

It's a case of whether Haglers aggressive drive at the end can get him enough points to win the bout. I am unsure, I think Hagler may score a knockdown late, which could be the deciding factor.
                I see Hagler beating Monzon. Monzon is a very tough fighter with the natural ability to time punches and was very relaxed in the ring but Hagler in my books is the superior athlete and possesses more skill and even more heart.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I don't see Halger getting white washed Vs. anyone in history at 160.

But I would definitely favour a 2-1 loss at the very least to Monzon. JMO.
                  I totally agree, Hagler gives anyone a lost at 160Ib.

The only person I give a chance bettering Hagler over a 3 fight series is probably Monzon to be honest, maybe Robinson but, again I think people believe MW Robinson = Welterweight ability Robinson. If this was the case then fair enough but, it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
                    You know gorillas are preyed upon by leopards? It may as well be a monkey in there, for all the chance a gorilla has against a cat that size.
                    Nah they were just the most badass animals I could think of at the time haha

Comment

I would have said Gorilla vs Leopard = Leapord UD. Possible late stoppage, yet the gorilla has monster power.

Larry Holmes vs Eaarnie Shavers.

Comment

Working...
                      X