Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article: "Floyd to pursue tune-up against Malignaggi if he avoids jail sentence"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: "Floyd to pursue tune-up against Malignaggi if he avoids jail sentence"

excerpts from an article by Jeff Powell from a British newspaper (dated Nov 9, 2010)

Whether such a victory will bring the $200million mega-fight with Mayweather any closer is another matter.

Floyd Jnr - assuming he avoids a jail sentence at an imminent assault and larceny trial - is said to be considering a warm-up against Pauli Malignaggi, Khan's most recent victim.

But he has still not responded to Pacquiao offering to waive any and all limitations on blood testing.

Perhaps Mayweather is hoping that the arch-rival he resents being acknowledged as the pound-for-pound king is finally over-reaching himself by going up to light-middleweight and that Margarito will derail him.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...=feeds-newsxml
    Floyd by KO/TKO
    30.47%
    Floyd by decision
    27.34%
    Paulie by KO/TKO
    23.44%
    Paulie by decision
    3.13%
    Too close to call
    15.63%

yeah ok then, we'll belie dat

Comment

Same ***** got said before he fought Mosley. Although i did hear Paulie saying that we wouldnt believe who his next opponent could be. Who knows

Comment

Fits the MAY criteria thats for sure .

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
          excerpts from an article by Jeff Powell from a British newspaper (dated Nov 9, 2010)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...=feeds-newsxml

I'll believe that tune up when I see it. Mayweather has been rumored to fight Malignaggi and Matthew Hatton by way of Shane Mosley for about two years now.

Comment

He will def fight a tune up fight IMO. He's just way too inactive to chase a big name off the bat. Just not sure whether that will be Malignaggi.

Comment

mayweather wouldnt use him as a sparring partner.

Comment

put that **** on the Women's Channel for $19.95

Comment

BullShyt.... Is the subject of Manny that boring you have to make up stories? You Fems kill me with the kid shyt.

Comment

And if he doesn't avoid it he can still use Paulie as a warm-up for jail. Win-win!

Comment

Working...
                    X