No announcement yet.

Buddy McGirt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy McGirt

I am just watching his first fight with Whitaker. Man, he was good! He gave Whitaker problems in this fight and also in the early rounds of the second fight, when he had him down twice, but the stupid ref didn't acknowledge the second knockdown.

I actually wasn't aware before that he was also a fighter, not just a trainer, and a famous one. Bear with me, I'm just a beginner really.

McGirt was really good when he showed up to fight but then he'd have off nights and look really bad, I remember people calling him the next all time great fighter after he avenged his loss to Frankie Warren then knocked out Howard Davis in one, he then went on to get dominated by Meldrick Taylor in a fight where he gassed after about 4 rounds.

He gave Whitaker a very good fight in their first fight, it was one of the most entertaining Whitaker fights you'll see, both guys exhibited great skills and McGirt did that with pretty much 1 hand. Then he looked like a spent force in the rematch, if I remember correctly the knockdown in that fight was more a balance thing when Whitaker was ducking down low.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      McGirt was really good when he showed up to fight but then he'd have off nights and look really bad, I remember people calling him the next all time great fighter after he avenged his loss to Frankie Warren then knocked out Howard Davis in one, he then went on to get dominated by Meldrick Taylor in a fight where he gassed after about 4 rounds.

He gave Whitaker a very good fight in their first fight, it was one of the most entertaining Whitaker fights you'll see, both guys exhibited great skills and McGirt did that with pretty much 1 hand. Then he looked like a spent force in the rematch, if I remember correctly the knockdown in that fight was more a balance thing when Whitaker was ducking down low.
      That was the second knockdown, when Whitaker fell against the ropes but ref ruled it a slip.

McGirt has a very impressive record, 73 wins with only 6 losses. And he also has more ko's than Toney on his record, 48. That means he was a boxerpuncher. A technician who could punch. Obviously, since he knocked out Davis in one round.

Comment

Why is it that you always hate on Pernell Whitaker? Is it because he can beat all of your favorite fighters in their prime?

Comment

he fought a lot of fights i give him credit for that,besides beating simon brown most of his wins were against stiffs,he is doing well as a trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppage View Post
            Why is it that you always hate on Pernell Whitaker? Is it because he can beat all of your favorite fighters in their prime?
            Beat it, Pernell fanboy! Why must you always find it hard to believe your boy didn't have just easy wins?

Comment

what are you talking about his boy for,if he thinks his boy is good then it his his opinion,right,so do not worry about other peoples boys

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
                what are you talking about his boy for,if he thinks his boy is good then it his his opinion,right,so do not worry about other peoples boys
                You talking about how McGirt fought only stiffs except Whitaker...I wonder, how stiff is your brain?

Comment

what do you mean,if he likes his boy who are you to say his boy,instead of worrying about his boy have one of your friends explain the post to you correctly,

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
                    Beat it, Pernell fanboy! Why must you always find it hard to believe your boy didn't have just easy wins?
                    Fan boy? Nah. This is a fan boy:

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
                    And in the end, let me say one more thing: yes I like Oscar. And fuk everyone that likes ******* Whitaker more than Oscar! They are either racists or just stupid as hell.
                    I bet you go to sleep, at night, wishing Oscar can tuck you in.

Comment

Working...
                    X