No announcement yet.

Burnign 200 kcal without getting too short @ breath

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnign 200 kcal without getting too short @ breath

I really want to burn at least 200 kcal with cardio on each fitness session.
    But I have astma so the treadmill I could do for like 8 km/h for bout 8 minutes which is around 100 kcal but after that I get short on breath really fast.
    We got treadmill - rowing machine and hometrainers and crosstrainers. Make me a cool cardio workout which isn't too hard on the lungs. Okay, cardio works the lungs but not that I'm like dieieng after 10 minutes running fast.

Turn down the speed on the treadmill and turn up the incline. Will help burn calories by working your muscles harder but you won't be breathing so hard. That will burn calories and help you lose weight but it's not really going to improve your cardio much.

For that the only way is to get your heart rate and breathing way up.

Comment

Yeah I suggest turning down the speed, and maybe doing cardio a bit longer on a lower speed with more incline. I'm a bigger guy so when I do cardio, I do 40 minutes on the tredmill, most of it is running, but i go from 5.0 to 5.5 to 6.0 then back to 5.5, then back to 5.0 and thats a pretty steady pace the entire time, I burn anywhere between 615-650 calories depending on how I'm feeling, might do longer on a higher speed, etc.

Comment

You shouldn't get gassed after 8 mins on the treadmill, I can run like 20 mins at 12/13 kmh barely feeling tired and i'm not even that fit (which is about 350 kcal). However doing skipping is a good way to burn cals. Also I walk at 6kmh so you should aim to jog at about 9/10 then build up your fitness gradually. Start at saylike 7kmh, then after 3 mins, do 7.5kmh, then after 6 mins do 8kmh etc... its a great way to improve stamina.

Comment

Can you run sprints?
          If so, run sprints outside. Best way to burn calories.

Comment

burn 200 cal... lifting weights?

Comment

Working...
            X