Collapse
No announcement yet.

any of you guys take aspirin daily?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems a bit drastic if you're young and healthy.

I've heard a lot of people doing this, It can't be sensible to take any drug blindly. Also Aspirin by its action increases bleeding time so there's the obvious risk right there.

Although First Aid recommends chewing on an aspirin if you are having a heart attack so good to have 'em around the house.

There are lots of other cardiac/circulatory protective steps to take - the usual stuff like exercise, diet, and sleep. To be fair, I think some places are trying to rename strokes to 'brain attack' because the cause is the same. Same stuff really, brain or heart being starved of blood flow downstream of a blocked artery. It is just plumbing isn't it?

There is research today that says a banana daily has a significant impact on heart health. We need potassium for contractility of smooth and skeletal muscle, and it helps us digest carbs, helping to regulate heart rate and blood pressure. Avocados I think are meant to have a good amount of potassium too.

Obviously don't eat too many though. I remember a story about a pop star over here eating a shit load of bananas and was rushed to hospital after collapsing with stomach pains, lol. That potassium must have been lighting him up like Eubank Jr did Yilidirim.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Seems a bit drastic if you're young and healthy.

I've heard a lot of people doing this, It can't be sensible to take any drug blindly. Also Aspirin by its action increases bleeding time so there's the obvious risk right there.

Although First Aid recommends chewing on an aspirin if you are having a heart attack so good to have 'em around the house.

There are lots of other cardiac/circulatory protective steps to take - the usual stuff like exercise, diet, and sleep. To be fair, I think some places are trying to rename strokes to 'brain attack' because the cause is the same. Same stuff really, brain or heart being starved of blood flow downstream of a blocked artery. It is just plumbing isn't it?

There is research today that says a banana daily has a significant impact on heart health. We need potassium for contractility of smooth and skeletal muscle, and it helps us digest carbs, helping to regulate heart rate and blood pressure. Avocados I think are meant to have a good amount of potassium too.

Obviously don't eat too many though. I remember a story about a pop star over here eating a shit load of bananas and was rushed to hospital after collapsing with stomach pains, lol. That potassium must have been lighting him up like Eubank Jr did Yilidirim.
      If you eat a lot of potassium rich foods you should eat a lot of salt too. Sea salt preferably. Potassium and Sodium are two crucial minerals that should always be balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
        If you eat a lot of potassium rich foods you should eat a lot of salt too. Sea salt preferably. Potassium and Sodium are two crucial minerals that should always be balanced.
        Yeah, All these electrolytes are about balance. Which is why Peter Andre nearly topped himself eating a load of bananas. Still makes me laugh that.

I know generally most people eat a load of salt unknowingly and our bodies absolutely love it. Some sort of throw back to when salt wasn't readily available. We crave it and our bodies have a hard time getting rid of it.

A banana a day can't a day can't hurt I'd say.

The only pill I take is a Vitamin D tablet. Because I live in Mordor.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
          any of you guys take aspirin daily?
          Ok butler...
          You know your my lil buddy...

What's wrong with you...
          Why do you need concentrated willow bark..

eat puzzy every day..

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Yeah, All these electrolytes are about balance. Which is why Peter Andre nearly topped himself eating a load of bananas. Still makes me laugh that.

I know generally most people eat a load of salt unknowingly and our bodies absolutely love it. Some sort of throw back to when salt wasn't readily available. We crave it and our bodies have a hard time getting rid of it.

A banana a day can't a day can't hurt I'd say.

The only pill I take is a Vitamin D tablet. Because I live in Mordor.
            I only use Dead Sea salt...

Comment

Working...
            X