No announcement yet.

Cuba Wins World Championships With FIVE Golds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Have recent changes in Cuba not made things easier?
    They were easier for a moment. After Trump took over, things became different, and are liable to change further. I'm not up on all the wrinkles. I just know it's not easy.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      They were easier for a moment. After Trump took over, things became different, and are liable to change further. I'm not up on all the wrinkles. I just know it's not easy.
      ah ok, fair enough

well I hope Ramirez makes some money outta the ams at the very least

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        ah ok, fair enough

well I hope Ramirez makes some money outta the ams at the very least
        I wish all these guys the best. Scores of great Cuban athletes have died on the vine because of governmental policies. Some of the ones lucky enough to get off the island were not quite as young as one would've liked. The wheels of change grind slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
          Congrats to Cuba, good to see them do well A lot of medals they took home.

Ukraine didn't do so well, they won the Euros but at the Worlds they failed.

Man I'm already waiting for the next Olympics.
          Frankly, I'm surprised Ukraine didn't do better, but they did bring home a gold medal. That put them in a tie for fifth place with France, and on top of the US, which had one silver and two bronze, but no gold.

Comment

Frankly, I'm surprised Ukraine didn't do better, but they did bring home a gold medal. That put them in a tie for fifth place with France, and on top of the US, which had one silver and two bronze, but no gold.
            Ukrainian team is definitely on the down swing, all the of 2012 class talk about how the new talent on the team is just lacking...

There are some issues with funding etc...since the Ukrainian revolution all those gangsters that were in power fled to Russia and guess what....all those gangsters loved to spend money on sport, be it boxing or soccer. Now the country is too busy rebuilding politically and sport is suffering, but I guess I'll take the tradeoff for now.

Will have to see how the current crop develops before the next Olympics.

But Cuba is back strong as ever

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
              Ukrainian team is definitely on the down swing, all the of 2012 class talk about how the new talent on the team is just lacking...

There are some issues with funding etc...since the Ukrainian revolution all those gangsters that were in power fled to Russia and guess what....all those gangsters loved to spend money on sport, be it boxing or soccer. Now the country is too busy rebuilding politically and sport is suffering, but I guess I'll take the tradeoff for now.

Will have to see how the current crop develops before the next Olympics.

But Cuba is back strong as ever
              As a native Cuban, I totally get it, man. Sorry on the one hand, glad on the other. Political shifts benefit some and hurt others. First and foremost, I wish your people the best. And I hope your sports recover ASAP. Still three years to prepare for the next summer games.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Hope they get nerfed in the next patch.
                ?? What do you mean? Lol
                Gaming terms.

Often they will release an item/class/character etc etc that is op (overpowered) then the community will cry to get it nerfed in the next patch (update). In other words, nerf = reduce/weaken the power of such item/class/character etc.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Gaming terms.

Often they will release an item/class/character etc etc that is op (overpowered) then the community will cry to get it nerfed in the next patch (update). In other words, nerf = reduce/weaken the power of such item/class/character etc.
                  Haha Thanks for the translation. I get exactly what he meant now. I had to look up "nerfed." (I definite sign of aging. Lmao) I just didn't get exactly how Dok meant it. But, yeah, Cuba definitely was overpowered for this last WC. Five of ten possible golds is tremendous. It's like the old days.

Comment

Working...
                  X