No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson-Pascal Rematch Getting Pushed To May Date

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dawson-Pascal Rematch Getting Pushed To May Date

The rematch between WBC light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson (31-2, 17KOs), and challenger Jean Pascal (27-2-1, 16KOs), is getting pushed back to an HBO televised date in May - according to Pascal's promoter Yvon Michel of GYM. The fight was going to happen on March 9th, and then pushed to March 23, but then it was pushed back again. Since there were no available venue dates in April, Michel and promoter Gary Shaw are forced to secure a date in May.

[Click Here To Read More]

no venues??? really

Comment

The Cedar Park Center where the NBDL Austin Toros play would be a good place to host events. Austin has a lot of boxing gyms, I'm surprised there hasn't been talk of hosting an event there. It fits 8000 people. If I were a promoter I'd think about getting a card together there. Maybe not Pascal-Dawson, or maybe so. If they get a solid mexican american fighter on the undercard they could do business. I guess I shouldn't expect that from the likes of Gary Shaw promotions though. Shaw has an eye for talent its too bad he isn't on the larger scale like GBP and Top Rank. If not do it in Canada where Pascal is a draw surely where the Canadiens play isn't the only venue in Canada. You know what screw it just do it in May I can wait for this fight anyways.
      Last edited by rogdogx; 01-11-2013, 12:35 AM.

Comment

I need to see a KO from one or the other in his matchup this go round....

Comment

Meh not interested in this fight at all. More of hbo wasting their money. Would rather see one of these two fight campillo

Comment

I think pascal takes it again

Comment

I was real high on Dawson for a while but looking lackluster in his most recent fights and worse, blaming Scully for his performances mass me stop supporting him. I hope Pascal knocks his head clean off.

Comment

hope chad doesnt agree to go to canada for this. hes the champ. he should dictate where it takes place. he always goes to opponents backyard

Comment

the fight is going to be in quebec

Comment

Pascal ducked Cloud, hope he gets the winner after he retires grandpa Bernard

Comment

Working...
                    X