Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd is a real Junior Middlweight champion, why won't he fight Lara?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    and he'd know that many of the greats died either poor, or badly damaged, or both.

muhammad ali fought everybody. everybody. he has maybe the best resume of all time. look at him now. he's still got money, but he can't even talk or walk on his own.

boxers fight for money. networks pay for fights or put on ppv for money.
    And Ali will be remembered for all time. Even when you and I are dead, he will live on. He carved his name in the History Books so deeply that it can never be erased.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 01-05-2014, 09:48 AM.

Comment

He wouldn't even fight Canelo at 154

Comment

i always get a kick out of this; people talking about the "good old days" that they haven't actually read about.

boxing has always been about money. do you know who jack dempsey is, and that he fought approximately 100 years ago? how about sugar ray robinson? he was the fighter of the decade in the 40's and the 50's. best WW of all time, top 3 MW of all time. fought for money, and was matched for money.
        Don't rain on his parade, lol Jack Johnson 100 years ago fought for the highest pay bout, Ray Robinson went on a bum tour in Europe to make money. These simpletons thinks boxing is not a business. Well I feel sorry for them because professional boxing is a business, amateur boxing is a sport.

Comment

I don't know why you guys are wasting your time with someone who doesn't understand that Mayweather-Lara isn't a viable PPV fight at the moment.

Nevermind the fact that Lara himself seemingly knows this which is why he is calling for Canelo's head and not Mayweather's.

Comment

How do mfers know Showtime lost money on the Mayweather Guerrero fight?

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
              Maybe your GOATs are different from mine.

Because the fighters I consider the greatest are the ones that have proven the most.
              No we don't, you just have a distorted view of what happenedm when srr was fighting 25 times a year you think each fight was the "best" competition?

Additionally, why do you think so many hofers fought multiple times back then? Uh for challenge or because those fights paid the most? I'm all for nostalgia but to criticize a modern fighter by using your imagined standards of the past is shallow and invalid. You think if srr or any fighter was making 1 mil a fight they'd fight 20 times a year?

and he'd know that many of the greats died either poor, or badly damaged, or both.

muhammad ali fought everybody. everybody. he has maybe the best resume of all time. look at him now. he's still got money, but he can't even talk or walk on his own.

boxers fight for money. networks pay for fights or put on ppv for money.
              True. And ali fought everybody because he fought during a great era and in part because he went 3 years without a check. He took as much or more damage from berbick and holmes as he did from far greater fighters because he had to hang on and get a check. But hey, its better to rewrite it and sell it to the masses

His money now is mostly from licensing and merchandise sales.

Comment

If boxing was a sport it would happen. But its not.

It doesn't matter if you suck and take beatings. If your popular you get opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                  I don't know why you guys are wasting your time with someone who doesn't understand that Mayweather-Lara isn't a viable PPV fight at the moment.

Nevermind the fact that Lara himself seemingly knows this which is why he is calling for Canelo's head and not Mayweather's.

i can't think of anything better to do while my laundry finishes drying

it's a sad, sad life that NE leads.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                    If you know how good a fighter is, then you should correct someone who doesn't know, not follow their lead.

You keep telling me boxing is a business, but this isn't a business website.
                    Some hell of a businessman you must be.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      If boxing was a sport it would happen. But its not.

It doesn't matter if you suck and take beatings. If your popular you get opportunities.
                      Well that's how it is now, it might look sad but it's the reality. For example Hatton isn't that good and his retired but if he comes back today at 154 he would get more offers because he is popular and brings money to the table than Lara.

Comment

Working...
                      X