Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua: Wilder, Parker Have Poor PR Management!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    Wilder brings the money that AJ doesn't touch??

How do you explain Wilder's biggest pay-day as being 1.4 Mill, but AJ making 20 Mill in his??

Americans are getting creepier by the day. Just a bunch of ****ing weirdo trolls who are moving further and further away from reality.
    Yeah I'm obviously talking about American eyes and money, not fighter purse. American money, the boxers that have made the most money in boxing did it where? America. When fighters want to make more money they do it where? America. Where did Hearn say AJ would probably make more money? America. PPV in America $50-$100, PPV in Europe $18. Tickets to a major fight in an Arena starts in the $100's - Europe in the $10's. The only trolls in here, are the people who are arguing with every fiber of their being to defend a fight not happening. I don't care what either fighter makes, but the fact is, Wilder brings an American audience that AJ doesn't touch. It's an entirely new revenue stream that at a fraction of what AJ currently does in Europe, is actually worth far more.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
      Wilder might be the most popular Heavyweight in America.. but he isn't popular enough for PPV and thus there's simply not much money in it for him... which is why Hearn is expecting to make the Parker fight within the next fortnight as they've realised that they're simply not worth 50% and cannot expect it.

Wilder needs to do the same considering Joshua earns about 10X the amount per fight than Wilder does. Once that happens we'll get the fight we all want!
      AJ is not even popular enough to be on Showtime. A subscription to which Americans pay more yearly than Europeans pay to see AJ fight twice on fake PPV. Whats that, about $18? I also find it funny that Europeans pay to watch AJ fight but Americans see it for free. When Wilder and AJ fight, you're going to pay more than twice the value of AJ's current PPV's, and the reason you will, is because AJ will be fighting Wilder. Remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
        AJ's not fighting at US friendly times. So comparing ratings isn't quite the guide to popularity you may think.
        Yeah it is. AJ fights on Showtime, He can't brake 350k, AJ fights Klitschko on Showtime, they brake 1 million. AJ's next two fights plummet right back down to under 350k viewers. Can't twist those facts.

Comment

Yeah. They don't have a team around them and a media in love with them that would allow them to get away with sending racist messages on social media.

AJ has a hell of a PR team and amazing campaign to gloss over the fact AJ is nothing more than a drug dealer, thug and bully. Somehow he is now Mr Nice Guy and humble.

Comment

Imagine if Joshua , Wilder, etc .... weren't around and Parker was the sole HW champion and we had to watch Duco events led by Higgins lead the boxing world ?

We would get world class promotions only held in NZ with film footage projected on a grainy screen show casing the oppositions glass jaws ,maybe some animal mutilations and freak accidents for each and every fight with a bizarro Parker that attacks and belittles opponents to sell fights .

Joe "The Pulverizer" Parker .
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-30-2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
              AJ is not even popular enough to be on Showtime. A subscription to which Americans pay more yearly than Europeans pay to see AJ fight twice on fake PPV. Whats that, about $18? I also find it funny that Europeans pay to watch AJ fight but Americans see it for free. When Wilder and AJ fight, you're going to pay more than twice the value of AJ's current PPV's, and the reason you will, is because AJ will be fighting Wilder. Remember that.
              Might want to get your facts right... for starters Sky Sports is also a subscription service and then the PPV is additional cost on top of that.

As for telling me what i'm going to be paying I can pretty much guarantee that it will not cost more than double than the standard PPV considering the Klitschko fight was only £20 and Klitschko himself is much, much bigger in the UK and Europe than Wilder is.

Yeah I'm obviously talking about American eyes and money, not fighter purse. American money, the boxers that have made the most money in boxing did it where? America. When fighters want to make more money they do it where? America. Where did Hearn say AJ would probably make more money? America. PPV in America $50-$100, PPV in Europe $18. Tickets to a major fight in an Arena starts in the $100's - Europe in the $10's. The only trolls in here, are the people who are arguing with every fiber of their being to defend a fight not happening. I don't care what either fighter makes, but the fact is, Wilder brings an American audience that AJ doesn't touch. It's an entirely new revenue stream that at a fraction of what AJ currently does in Europe, is actually worth far more.
              You're partially right. Wilder does bring an American audience that Joshua doesn't touch which will generate a new revenue stream but your notion that American revenue will be worth more than what Joshua currently does truly baffles me... It's undoubted Hearn wants to break America to make even more cash but to think that cash would equate more than all the other territories combined seems somewhat ludicrous when you consider Joshua's popularity in the UK, Germany/Europe, Nigeria/Africa and Dubai/the Middle East. No other heavyweight can generate as much interest as Joshua globally and that's why he generates the big bucks and why Wilder simply will not get that fight unless he budges on the negotiations somewhat.

Comment

"Fury has been out of the ring since winning an upset twelve round unanimous decision over Wladimir Klitschko in November of 2015." "...UK-Anti Doping - who claim the boxer tested positive for a banned substance in early 2015."

If Fury tested positive for a banned substance in early 2015, How is it that he was cleared to fight Klitschko for his belts in November 2015?

Comment

Just because a few fighters made big money in America, doesn't mean EVERY fighter makes that big money.

People were saying the same thing with Ward/Kovalev in that it was the fight to be made and people would surely buy the tickets and PPV. Well no, it flopped big time. Both times. So save your bull**** for someone stupid enough to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                    The question is will Wilder sign for a fight and accept the money that he is worth?
                    why do you even care? You aint getting none of those dollars

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                      Just because a few fighters made big money in America, doesn't mean EVERY fighter makes that big money.

People were saying the same thing with Ward/Kovalev in that it was the fight to be made and people would surely buy the tickets and PPV. Well no, it flopped big time. Both times. So save your bull**** for someone stupid enough to buy it.
                      You may not want to buy it, but you're definitely stupid, or have very little reading comprehension. No where in my post did I say that EVERY fighter makes big money in America. The fighters that have made the most money in the sport did it in America. The fact that you're fabricating sentences to dispute that which is indisputable is borderline ******ation, bias, lack of knowledge, or willingness to be ignorant. American money and audience is what drives the entire sport of boxing, whether you like it or not. And guess what, if you can't cross over in America, then your not a real star boxer.

Comment

Working...
                      X