Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wladimir Klitschko a top 5 all-time great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No not top 5

Comment

Ali
      Lewis
      Evander
      Louis
      Holmes

For me are the top 5, not sure about the order.

Klitschko is just below with the likes of Foreman and frazier. Between 5-10

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        Top 20 for a long reign over a bunch of nobodies??
        No way...
        You gotta' consider the comp...or lack thereof.

Joe Louis had a bum of the month tour.

Vlad had a bum of the month CAREER
        Time to change the cassette Ross Purrity... Same old troll gets boring ya know..

Comment

Top 10, yes but top 5 hmmm may be not...
          Ali
          Lennox
          Louis
          Holyfield
          Holmes
          are top 5 imo and then may be Wlad

Comment

He's top 10 at heavyweight for certain.

Arguably top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
              Top 10, yes but top 5 hmmm may be not...
              Ali
              Lennox
              Louis
              Holyfield
              Holmes
              are top 5 imo and then may be Wlad

Wlad is no. 5 ATG hw

he's better than Holmes

Holmes competition was diabolically bad, worse than Wlad's

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                Wlad is no. 5 ATG hw

he's better than Holmes imo

Wlad had to compromise on his skills because of his chin.. Holmes had a better chin, skills I think Wlad but resume as much I'd put Holmes above Wlad

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                  lol you gotta be kidding me did you just start watching boxing 5 years ago.. I can name 30 better all time heavyweights, the division has too rich of a history, his bro is even greater than him.
                  Vitali was more enjoyable to watch fight but there is no way his accomplishments even approach Wlad's... Wlad reigned over the heavyweight division for 10 years. He will be part of boxing history until people forget what boxing is.

Vitali was in and out of boxing every year between injuries, politics.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    lol you gotta be kidding me did you just start watching boxing 5 years ago.. I can name 30 better all time heavyweights, the division has too rich of a history, his bro is even greater than him.
                    How do you figure Vitali is greater? I think he was a better fighter, and he is still one of my all time faves at Heavy, but resume wise, he doesn't come close.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                      Wlad is no. 5 ATG hw

he's better than Holmes

Holmes competition was diabolically bad, worse than Wlad's
                      how in the hell was wlad greater then holmes when holmes has wins over guys like A PRIME undefeated mercer (mind you larry was dirt old in that fight schooling mercer) wins over shavers, norton, prime Berbick, undefeated Cooney. Tim Witherspoon (tim was a couple notches better then guys like haye) you're talking title defense's but larry was undefeated for 50 fights against much greater competition then wlad before being robbed by spinks. (larry stopped fighting for years once they took those fights away from him) he would have had more title defenses if not for that cheap spinks fight. 17 title defense (19 if u count the spinks robberies) & theres no way u can rate wlad greater then larry. wlad, a guy that was knocked clean out multiple times in his prime & only avenged one of those losses (against a faded brewster) is greater then larry holmes who's done it all?

joke. & no real boxing historian would even take it seriously.

Comment

Working...
                      X