Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is wards CV really that great? lets have a look...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
    The truth of the matter is that the guys that hype of wards resume from 168, used to crap on 168 like they do 160 today. They didn't even care about the division until ward came along. Then, all of a sudden, it became the greatest conquest of a division in boxing history. Many even said Kessler was hype because he was beat by Calzaghe. They called Abraham a limited Euro with no skills.

No, his resume isn't great. Kudos to ward for winning the super six, but nobody really gave schit about the entrants until it was over.
    those same guys would **** all over Bika and now he is one of Wards top 5 wins lol

Comment

Why do y'all cry so damn much?

Comment

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
        There seems to be a lot of people on here who see andre ward as a p4p top fighter, even with his recent inactivity over the last years, based on strength of his CV and past exploits. But is his opposition really that good?

Brand- old man coming up to 40 who was 168 pounder, took ward the distance

Barrera- old unproven cuban, a nobody really, took ward the distance

Smith- limited UK domestic level fighter, groves demolished him in 2, ward took 9 rounds

Rodriguez- another nobody who ward couldnt finish off

Dawson-pascal beat him fairly easy before dawson fought ward, stevenson put him away in 1 round, it took ward 10. Not a great fighter at all tbh, karpency beat him later too

Froch- wards best win and a good name on the record, although close fought, 115-113 on two cards. Plus froch not too hard to outbox, andre dirrell and jermain taylor both managed it for large chunks of the fight

Abraham- big stiff classical european plodder, lost every round to froch

Bika- a walking human punchbag who can take a good shot

Green- useless, completely useless, took ward the distance. 70 year old Glen johnson coming into ring with a zimmerframe managed to put green away inside the distance. one of the worst fights of all time

Kessler- technical decision, stopped on cuts due to wards headbutting. Frequent head butts throughout the fight. A good but not amazing fighter who calzaghe beat fairly comfortably (117-111 on one card as hbo scored it too)

Miranda- limited fighter with a big shot and not much else, bute put him away, pavlik put him away, he took ward the distance

Am i being harsh or is wards CV really not that impressive? Discuss...
        Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Wards entire career is built on beating Froch and to a lesser extent Kessler, including the desperation of HBO to build a new star and they thought they had one, so they labeled him as having "cleared out 168". Then they said he was great.

Then Ward wasted HBOs time and money and the last 4 years have been the worst kind of sporting progression.

i agree with both of theses posts.

the reason why ward doesnt get as much flak as floyd is because he's actually a decent human being who is not as truculent, belligerent, and conceited as floyd with his richness and greatness. i guess he didnt feel like selling merchandise like floyd.

Comment

No, its not that great but there arent many who have great ones these days. Most guys have one or two good names and hype after that. You arent goin to see stacked resumes anymore like Paq and Mayweather anymore I dont think. The risk isnt worth it if you have a name. All you fan boys going back and forth dont really have anything over the other, just stupid bias.

In before some a$$hat tries to pick Paq or Mayweather apart.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
            The truth of the matter is that the guys that hype of wards resume from 168, used to crap on 168 like they do 160 today. They didn't even care about the division until ward came along. Then, all of a sudden, it became the greatest conquest of a division in boxing history. Many even said Kessler was hype because he was beat by Calzaghe. They called Abraham a limited Euro with no skills.

No, his resume isn't great. Kudos to ward for winning the super six, but nobody really gave schit about the entrants until it was over.
            yeah wasnt much of a 'super' six at all tbh. Pretty terrible weight division in general, had lucian bute tearing through that division at one point, someone who GGG knocked out even with headgear on lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
              No, its not that great but there arent many who have great ones these days. Most guys have one or two good names and hype after that. You arent goin to see stacked resumes anymore like Paq and Mayweather anymore I dont think. The risk isnt worth it if you have a name. All you fan boys going back and forth dont really have anything over the other, just stupid bias.

In before some a$$hat tries to pick Paq or Mayweather apart.
              No one is even asking for a great resume, just a more in depth one. I could name you plenty of fighters in the age range of Ward who have better resumes. So you're statement is false.

edit: Also wanted to add, Ward has spent 4 years of his prime fighting journeymen. That all gets factored in when judging a career.

Comment

Fucking YAWN, already.

"Let's take everyone's resume and prove that if we try hard enough we can pick it apart"

This shit is played out.

Comment

In my opinion pound for pound should be based on on how well a boxer is performing and how good his opposition is within the last 18 months or so. What a boxer did 5 or 6 years ago shouldn't have **** to do with how he rates pound for pound today. All Ward has done in the last two years is dominate two very mediocre opponents. That's not pound for pound worthy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    No one is even asking for a great resume, just a more in depth one. I could name you plenty of fighters in the age range of Ward who have better resumes. So you're statement is false.

edit: Also wanted to add, Ward has spent 4 years of his prime fighting journeymen. That all gets factored in when judging a career.

Do you think Im defending Wards resume? I think you need to read it again.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                      Fucking YAWN, already.

"Let's take everyone's resume and prove that if we try hard enough we can pick it apart"

This shit is played out.
                      believe me, i didnt have to try too hard...

Comment

Working...
                      X