Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you have the "fastest hands in boxing" yet land 10% of your punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's easy to be fast when you just throw arm punches that aren't fully extended.

And dumb thread title, speed has nothing to do with accuracy.
    Last edited by Light_Speed; 06-22-2014, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      V
      When Russel Jr first came on the scene people went ape **** talking about how amazing he is. Even saying he was like Gamboa but with better boxing skills lol.

I think he's decent and will make it back to world level, but its amazing how much people are blinded by speed when a fighter is coming up
      Al Haymon matched him against cans for a reason. It will be interesting to see how Wilder goes against someone who can fight.

Comment

Credit needs to be given to Lomas defense.

Comment

those show stats were way off. they clearly couldn't keep up early in the fight. both guys were too fast.

it's obvious that lomo won, but the showstats were clearly wrong about the number of punches landed.

i think they credited russel for 4% of his jabs. what was it, 18 total? that's just not what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            It's easy to be fast when you just throw arm punches that aren't fully extended.

And dumb thread title, speed has nothing to do with accuracy.

it is not easy to be that fast. that's silly. evyerobdy would do it if that were the case.

Comment

important stuff from last night:

lomachenko had been in deep before, and russel hadn't.

lomachenko is one of the better body punchers under 140 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                it is not easy to be that fast. that's silly. evyerobdy would do it if that were the case.
                Not everybody wants to throw arm punches, some fighters want to throw real solid blows.

Comment

Not everybody wants to throw arm punches, some fighters want to throw real solid blows.

i don't care if they want to or not, most fighters don't have that kind of handspeed. i don't knwo what to tell you if you don't know that.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i don't care if they want to or not, most fighters don't have that kind of handspeed. i don't knwo what to tell you if you don't know that.
                    I think a lot of fighters could look about as fast as Russell if they decided to throw ineffective flurries.

Comment

I think a lot of fighters could look about as fast as Russell if they decided to throw ineffective flurries.

a lot? as in a handful in the sport, or fighters throughout a division?

a small handful of fighters in the sport probably could. you're not going to find journeymen moving that fast just because they want to. that's ridiculous.

you said "it's easy to move that fast." that's completely absurd.

Comment

Working...
                      X