No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson

What do you like/dislike about him the most?

I like the guy's ferociousness, animalisitic attitude in the game.

he could became probily the best boxer of all time.. but his mind isnt strong enough

Comment

Mike is everything i like in a Prizefighter - an ATG Legend

Comment

Tyson is a living legend!

Last edited by Vadrigar.; 08-17-2010, 05:51 AM.

Comment

overrated by some underrated by others,a true legend none the less

Comment

20 years old king of the world

ATG AND HOF

Comment

He knows how to show beauty queens who's boss, and he out-pointed the legendary Bonecrusher Smith. If Cus D'amato hadn't died and if Don King hadn't gotten involved with him and if he hadn't married Robin Givens and if Kevin Rooney had stayed with him and if he had trained hard and if he had laid off the Japanese hookers and if he hadn't had such a rough childhood and if there wasn't an ounce of adversity in his life and as long as he wasn't fighting a taller mobile fighter with a good jab and as long as he wasn't "past his prime" at age 22 than he could have beaten anyone. Everyone knows that if Cus D'amato hadn't died in 1985 Mike wouldn't have lost in 1990. Did I mention he needed Kevin Rooney in his corner 'cause he needs him too to be a decent fighter, also he should only fight matches in Catskill, New York that would be best, thanks.
              Last edited by SBleeder; 08-17-2010, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                Mike is everything i like in a Prizefighter - an ATG Legend
                I agree 100%.

Mike at his best is the greatest heavyweight of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                  He knows how to show beauty queens who's boss, and he out-pointed the legendary Bonecrusher Smith. If Cus D'amato hadn't died and if Don King hadn't gotten involved with him and if he hadn't married Robin Givens and if Kevin Rooney had stayed with him and if he had trained hard and if he had laid off the Japanese hookers and if he hadn't had such a rough childhood and if there wasn't an ounce of adversity in his life and as long as he wasn't fighting a taller mobile fighter with a good jab and as long as he wasn't "past his prime" at age 22 than he could have beaten anyone. Did I mention he needed Kevin Rooney in his corner 'cause he needs him too to be a decent fighter, also he should only fight matches in Catskill, New York that would be best, thanks.
                  This guy seems to stroke his veiny erection anytime a conversation about Mike Tyson appears. He doesn't know what he's talking about either, as he rambles out of either jealousy or some kind of fetish that's not yet listed. He has some kind of problem with the fact that circumstances dictated that Mike fell out of his prime officially after the Spinks fight and had been on a steady decline ever since and also believes that Mike Tyson isn't an ATG solely because he lost to Buster Douglas (two years after Mike's prime ended, by the way).

He should not be taken seriously because his only arguments are:
                  1.) Mike Tyson sucks because he beat everyone he needed to beat in 1986-1988 but didn't have a time machine so he could go prove himself against Joe Louis or Muhammad Ali or Sonny Liston.

2.) He lost against Buster Douglas (two years out of his prime and on Buster's best night), but if Mike had of beaten Buster Douglas, Buster would be "just another bum" on Mike's resume.

3.) I hate Mike Tyson's personal life and continue to draw weird conclusions so therefore Mike Tyson was never a good fighter.

He obviously needs help or at least a mother who loves him or something along those lines. The bottom line is that Mike Tyson was a rising great but fell off the rocket ship officially after the Spinks fight and was falling back down to earth ever since (Buster Douglas was when he hit earth). Mike was at 7/10 of his full potential on the night of the Spinks fight and had it not been for the factors involved and had he continued his prime indefinitely I believe that he would be at least top 10 ATG and top one or two heavyweight ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                    He knows how to show beauty queens who's boss, and he out-pointed the legendary Bonecrusher Smith. If Cus D'amato hadn't died and if Don King hadn't gotten involved with him and if he hadn't married Robin Givens and if Kevin Rooney had stayed with him and if he had trained hard and if he had laid off the Japanese hookers and if he hadn't had such a rough childhood and if there wasn't an ounce of adversity in his life and as long as he wasn't fighting a taller mobile fighter with a good jab and as long as he wasn't "past his prime" at age 22 than he could have beaten anyone. Everyone knows that if Cus D'amato hadn't died in 1985 Mike wouldn't have lost in 1990. Did I mention he needed Kevin Rooney in his corner 'cause he needs him too to be a decent fighter, also he should only fight matches in Catskill, New York that would be best, thanks.
                    I'm not a huge Tyson fan although I did find him an exciting fighter but this is a bit harsh.
                    He made an awful lot of mistakes which cost him a few years off his peak for sure.
                    But we all make mistakes and remember he was very young and virtually grew up in the public eye.
                    I think even forgetting the greed of King and Givens I don't believe that D'Amato and the rest really cared for Tyson other than as a fighter I think if they had helped him develop as a human being as well as a fighter in those formative years he would have coped a lot better

Comment

Working...
                    X