No announcement yet.

Do you see Bellew win as a LEGIT WIN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a strange one.

I mean it's not Bellew's fault Haye got hurt, he took advantage of the situation and got the win. So, a win is a win.

I don't think he wins though if Haye doesn't get injured. I thought Haye was winning the fight, starting to look comfortable and looked in control.
    I actually thought it was Bellew who appeared to be blowing as well towards the middle rounds.

The fight turns on it's head when Haye hurt his leg/ankle.
    I've not seen any interviews since the one in the ring, so i'm not too sure what's been said, but i imagine Haye doesn't want to make excuses in regards to the injury, due to the stick he still takes over the toe thing.

Fair play to Haye though. He showed a lot of heart there. He fought from the 6th on with one leg, and could hardly walk never mind set anything up or use adequate defence.
    The guy even got up from behind the ropes before a ten count.

Bellew won, so it's hard to take anything away from him. But it has got kind of a weird feeling to it.
    It's a shame it turned into a bit of a farce as i was enjoying it. It was pretty tense.

Comment

Originally posted by ussy View Post
      No. Anyone that says yes just hates Haye.
      this^^^^

haye wasn't "dominating," but was thoroughly in control of the fight before he got injured. it seemed as if bellew was happy enough when he was able to avoid haye's punches, than doing anything himself.
      Last edited by FLY TY; 03-04-2017, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Of course its a legitimate win.

Truth be known he probably got injured swinging himself off his damn feet every 2 minutes.

Why is there an excuse every single time Haye losses?
        If Bellew suffered an injury and was stopped nobody would say **** other than ''he was going to get stopped anyway''.

Bellew said nonstop throughout the build up no excuses! He just caused a monster shock give him his due.
        is right mate the best man won cause he wanted it more . nothing more nothing less

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
          It's a strange one.

I mean it's not Bellew's fault Haye got hurt, he took advantage of the situation and got the win. So, a win is a win.

I don't think he wins though if Haye doesn't get injured. I thought Haye was winning the fight, starting to look comfortable and looked in control.
          I actually thought it was Bellew who appeared to be blowing as well towards the middle rounds.

The fight turns on it's head when Haye hurt his leg/ankle.
          I've not seen any interviews since the one in the ring, so i'm not too sure what's been said, but i imagine Haye doesn't want to make excuses in regards to the injury, due to the stick he still takes over the toe thing.

Fair play to Haye though. He showed a lot of heart there. He fought from the 6th on with one leg, and could hardly walk never mind set anything up or use adequate defence.
          The guy even got up from behind the ropes before a ten count.

Bellew won, so it's hard to take anything away from him. But it has got kind of a weird feeling to it.
          It's a shame it turned into a bit of a farce as i was enjoying it. It was pretty tense.
          mate i respect you as a poster and you know boxing. but after the sixth round when bellew said fk it lets have a tear up there was only one winner. tony bellew wasnt going to lose to that gob****e

Comment

Dude gets hurt and a guy takes advantage it is a legitimate win. Now it has to be judged in context and someone taking advantage of a clearly diminished fighter does take some shine off just like in any other case that a guy shows up diminished in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by engleby View Post
              mate i respect you as a poster and you know boxing. but after the sixth round when bellew said fk it lets have a tear up there was only one winner. tony bellew wasnt going to lose to that gob****e
              Yeah mate, i can dig that. Bellew's got heart no doubt.

And cheers, i respect you as a poster also, you're a good one :ANYWORD:

Comment

Yep, its not on Bellew that Haye got injured. Injuries are a part of sports, Haye didnt make excuses (Shockingly) so nobody else should either. Haye lost, Bellew won...period.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                  Yeah mate, i can dig that. Bellew's got heart no doubt.

And cheers, i respect you as a poster also, you're a good one :ANYWORD:
                  cheers lar.

Comment

Absolutely, bellew was boxing well and frustrating haye before the injury even became a factor. And lots of fighters have won through injuries in combat sports, deontay wilder had his whole right hand messed up and still won multiple times. Conor mcgregor tore his ACL mid fight and still won. Almost every fighter comes in with some type of injury to fights. Haye has no excuse especially with how much **** he talked.

Comment

Haye would of most likely won if not for the injury. He was ahead and starting to find range all bit it very slowly. Sky showed a replay of it and you could clearly see something go, he was basically a cripple from then on lol.

But he still looked seriously crap even prior to the injury, wild swings, poor timing, he's done.

Comment

Working...
                      X