No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a fighter considered top 3 p4p with a thin resume like GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
    What the hell is super status other than a belt created to milk more fees from professional boxers ? GGG is holding all those belts when we know he is the no.1 in the division, it's bizarre keeping ahold of them knowing how much he is paying out for them when he's chasing Canelo for yep you guessed it........ Money !

Their is some peculiar logic at large here.
    Its anyones guess what is actually happening now, but the reasoning for super status was to acknowledge a champion was unified.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
      Devil's advocate, who else has knocked out pretty much every single person they've put in front of him and is not named Deontay Wilder or Wlad Klitschko?
      You're right. GGG is a modern day Edwin Valero.

You know, the guy who had a load of KO's and now is long forgotten

Comment

Devil's advocate, who else has knocked out pretty much every single person they've put in front of him and is not named Deontay Wilder or Wlad Klitschko?
        Klitschko actually beat the top contenders in his division

wilder and ggg HAVE NOT.....kO's don't mean more than a UD if the opposition isn't very good...whats the difference.....a no hoper is a no hoper whether they get blitzed or whitewashed

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
          Tyson has wins over legitimate ATG fighters...
          So if you beat up an old guy, that makes you P4P? So if GGG copies Alavarez and fights the shell of Sugar Shane Mosely, he gets credit for beating an ATG?

Tyson was elevated to top P4P status without actually putting together a great resume. It's not his fault. Like GGG he pretty much destroyed everyone they put in front of him. Like GGG, he was expected to destroy everyone and was held to an incredibly high standard. He wasn't facing great competition though.

And when he did, he lost.

Comment

LMAO

There is nothing at all P4P worthy in stopping a TOMATO CAN with a decent chin.
            Murray is not a can, he has been robbed to be a world champion, he's a at least a solid contender.

You just don't know sht about the game.

Comment

Tyson has wins over legitimate ATG fighters...
              In their prime? (and the DKSAB Nay Sayer show continues....)

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                You're right. GGG is a modern day Edwin Valero.

You know, the guy who had a load of KO's and now is long forgotten

I think Valero would have wound up in big fights. But then he went and died.

But look at it this way. Let's say a promoter, we'll call him DLH, was stuck in a position where his one and only cash cow was someone like Juan Diaz. You think he would let him into the ring with Valero? That is the situation we are seeing play out now.

Everyone with a clue knows GGG will be a big favorite over Canelo. And DLH has a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  Like I wrote, GGG defeated in ams+pro 6 world champions: Bute, Direll, Geale, Brook, Ouma, Lemieux.

Kovalev didn't, Kovalev has beaten 3 world champions I think, mainly Pascal then an old Popkins who never was great at 175 and was ***** slapped at 175 by Calzaghe 10 years younger.
                  Then the Cleverlys and Caparellos of the world, don't get me wrong, Kova is a proven fighter, but so is GGG.

People pretending GGG is untested DKSAB and don't even follow amateur boxing, the matrix.

When you look at ams+pro, GGG defeated a bigger number of serious fighters.
                  amateur wins don't count bro.....Tyson blitzed guys in the pros that beat him in the amatuers

two different styles

damn....GGG resume must be thinner than I thought if you have to add amateur wins in to fluff up his accomplishments and opposition

he is a good fighter, decent resume but he has not fought the opposition, nor shown the ability to adapt at the top to say he is top 3, top 5, let alone top ten p4p

level of opposition matters....you don't get brownie points for knocking out guys 2 divisons below you and never wases in your own division

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    I like the feeling of deja vu, what can I say.
                    you love the feeling......GGG threads are the only ones that I make that you post in

Comment

Edwin Valero

Ali Raymi

Adrien Broner (at 135 and under)

Doesn't mean much if you're competition isn't good.

Comment

Working...
                      X