Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward vs Kovalev - whats going on with Roc Nation and Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    If the fight doesn't happen this year there will be plenty of blame to go around as both sides seem to have done things counterproductive to insuring the fight take place. I still don't know why the f#ck Main Events held a presser knowing Ward wasn't coming. She should have postponed that presser & been on the phone with RN or having someone else speak to RN to iron out whatever issues are still causing problems with things moving forward.

The funny thing with all this is I think Kovalev & Ward are both down to throw down, but I suspect Main Events & Roc Nation could f#ck up a 8 year olds birthday party.
    Eh remember Ward crying how they're making him move up and fight Kovalev, double standards, and him saying he wrote his retirement letter then. That's on top of avoiding any live body for years. It's not just the promoters

Comment

You sound dumb, avoiding live bodies? He wasn't fighting anyone. After long layoffs u don't fight monsters. Barrera was a solid fighter

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
        You sound dumb, avoiding live bodies? He wasn't fighting anyone. After long layoffs u don't fight monsters. Barrera was a solid fighter
        If he fights Kov in Nov, that's 5 years with a single Ring top 10 scalp, fcuking Edwin Rodriguez. Can you think of another p4per than needed multiple tuneups of Smith, Brand caliber? That got a fight nixed by the commission cause it's too much of a mismatch?

Comment

This is what's causing the hold up, according to Dan Rafael

Chris (Brooklyn,NY) [via mobile]

Who's most to blame at RNS for this hold up, because I know it ain't Jay-Z who does nothing anyway?

Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:15 PM)

It is all Desiree Perez, a top exec at the company. She alone is responsible for the issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
            This is what's causing the hold up, according to Dan Rafael
            Welp. That explains a lot. For as intelligent as Jay is, he doesn't know how to keep snakes out his circle and business huh?

Comment

Ward did a twitter Q+A yesterday, told people the fight is happening in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                Welp. That explains a lot. For as intelligent as Jay is, he doesn't know how to keep snakes out his circle and business huh?
                Apparently not. She's a real piece of work, too.

Taken from http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.c...rez-informant/
                Perez was a 26-year-old mother of young children in 1994 when she was arrested in New York for possession with intent to distribute 35 kilograms of cocaine.

Perez has really worked closely with agents, assistant U.S. Attorney Laurence Bardfeld told a judge that day, arguing to keep Perez out of jail.

Miami-based defense attorney Alan Ross told the judge that his client wore a wire on no less than the four or five occasions when she’s been down there in Puerto Rico.

‘And I think the court knows from its experience that you just can’t do anything more dangerous than wear a wire and go into an undercover meeting in Puerto Rico with a known violator, one whose (sic) suspected of — or being investigated for — a murder case down there.

Perez helped DEA special agents she worked with to bust Colombians moving cocaine shipments of 50 to 100 kilograms.

She has gone the extra mile.’

Perez was released that July and placed on five years of supervised release. She began working at nightspots in Miami Beach and was scheduled to meet her probation officer at one of them, Club Onyx, when she skipped town without notice in early August 1997.

The fugitive resurfaced nine month later in Brooklyn, where she was arrested on March 5, 1998. Perez was charged with grand larceny, criminal use of drug paraphernalia and criminal possession of a firearm.

Her probation was revoked and she was sentenced to nine months in prison and three years of supervised release.

Perez appears to have been in business with Jay Z since at least 2002.”

Comment

Ward is a true fighter. He's in this sport to prove himself as the best. It's not about money and fame.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                    Apparently not. She's a real piece of work, too.

Taken from http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.c...rez-informant/
                    Yea I know about all of that. She's been a name in NY sports for the last few years with the Arod debacle etc. I'm asrounded that he would give her so much power when essentially all she is is a chick who used to sell drugs and wound up managing a night club..

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                      Yea I know about all of that. She's been a name in NY sports for the last few years with the Arod debacle etc. I'm asrounded that he would give her so much power when essentially all she is is a chick who used to sell drugs and wound up managing a night club..
                      Yeah I remember that, had no idea she was a freakin coke mule at one point.

Comment

Working...
                      X