No announcement yet.

Facebook to BAN White Supremacists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Javi, Why do I have to provide a link for things you know to be true and know are not happening once and a while? why do I need stats from government to prove something that you know isn't going to be tracked statistically by any governmental agency?

Why are you so willing to overlook systemic inequality?

As for laws, we can go back to Jim Crow all the way up to the current Stand Your Ground. Not to mention Laws that criminalize saggy or baggy pants, which are targeted at minorities.

You are never going to admit the problem exists which is truly sad.
    Jim crow laws were completely wrong and have been abolished. Next!

the stand your ground laws? How is that racist exactly?

about baggy/saggy pants:

that law targets ANYONE who wears their pants in that fashion. Unless you can point out where in that law it is racist.

the problem is that yes there are racist people out there. They were taught that. But imo there are even more people who are NOT racist, cuz they've been taught not to be one.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      white
      /(h)wīt/Submit
      adjective
      belonging to or denoting a human group having light-colored skin (chiefly used of peoples of European extraction).

priv·i·lege
      /ˈpriv(ə)lij/Submit
      noun
      a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group.

now someone tell me what special rights, advantages, or immunities that white people have that blacks dont

ill wait...............

basically

what can white people do that black people cant?

its a simple question to the "privilege" stuff
      Bro why would you waste any of your time actually conversing with that dumb ****?

Comment

as for the MSG:
        so was there anyone behind you that went along? or where you literally the last one that they didnt let through?
        Nah, there were a lot of people in line behind me. He continued to let white folks walk down after I was forced off line.

as for france:
        ooo maybe they stopped you just cuz you are american I dont travel overseas (only place I wanna go is japan personally) so on international lands I can't speak on that I dont follow their stats or anything oh and LOL at the hunchback line
        They didn't know I was American when I sat my black ass down. Come on, bro. A good amount of the black guys I saw in France actually looked similar to me, so I could have been French for all they knew. It was only clear that I was black. I think the white couple I talked to afterward said they were from England, but they could have been American. They sat right across from me the entire time and they were never questioned or checked.

really? just type in white privilege?

youve got to be kidding me

white
        /(h)wīt/Submit
        adjective
        belonging to or denoting a human group having light-colored skin (chiefly used of peoples of European extraction).

priv·i·lege
        /ˈpriv(ə)lij/Submit
        noun
        a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group.

Are you serious????? Javi.....lol.

Copy and paste this entire sentence into your browser, dude. You ready?

"What is White privilege."

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
          Bro why would you waste any of your time actually conversing with that dumb ****?
          always good to see where people's mentalities lie. Tells me alot about them.

Comment

always good to see where people's mentalities lie. Tells me alot about them.
            Yea but this dude literally walks around with a "I'm a dumb ****" sign on.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
              Nah, there were a lot of people in line behind me. He continued to let white folks walk down after I was forced off line.

They didn't know I was American when I sat my black ass down. Come on, bro. A good amount of the black guys I saw in France actually looked similar to me, so I could have been French for all they knew. It was only clear that I was black. I think the white couple I talked to afterward said they were from England, but they could have been American. They sat right across from me the entire time and they were never questioned or checked.

Are you serious????? Javi.....lol.

Copy and paste this entire sentence into your browser, dude. You ready?

"What is White privilege."
              did you make a report about the MSG guy? You should have.

actually they would be able to tell if you are american or not by the way that you speak the english language. (thats cuz they all make fun of the way americans speak lol )

copied to browser and googled:

white privilege
              noun
              inherent advantages possessed by a white person on the basis of their race in a society characterized by racial inequality and injustice.

and here's mine:

white
              /(h)wīt/Submit
              adjective

priv·i·lege
              /ˈpriv(ə)lij/Submit
              noun

I use the words from legit dictionaries etc....

according to it says:

a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group

now tell me what whites can do that blacks cant?

Ill wait.....

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                So here is how the situation turned out. I knew it was coming because I've had this problem in the past. Usually if I'm out with non-black folks, I get them to hail the taxi for me. In this instance it was just me and my brother. We wound up walking a few blocks up and then we tried again. A guy stopped...this time a black African, and I tried to open the door but it was locked. He just rolled down the window and asked where I was going. I told him. He said, "No." I pulled out my wallet and showed him a wad of cash and said, "Come on, bro. I have the money. We can't get a taxi because we are black." He then said ok and let us in.

So I asked him why he and the other taxi drivers treat blacks like this. I shouldn't have led him, but just let him answer to hear what he had to say without my input. That was my mistake. I said, "Do many black guys run out of the taxi." He said, yes. Then he also explained that the area I was going to is kinda rough, and also he doesn't get a fare back from there to where he wants to be. All fair reasons, but it's absolutely illegal to refuse people service based on how they look or where they are going.

Trust me, the taxis were not ordered ahead of time. It happened multiple times. White people would have 2 taxis stop for them while my brother was flailing his arms and I stood back and just watched laughing in disbelief.

The situation I was talking about here actually happened in South Korea, but it has happened to me in New York as well. Actually, it happened twice on the same night in South Korea.

My friend walked past, a white guy, then I was stopped. I yelled, "Yo Dan, they won't let me through." He just came back and we left.

Then we went to another spot. I actually walked up first this time. The security guard at the front said, "We're actually closed"...at the same time that 3 girls just walked straight past into the spot Granted, I know how they do for girls, but I was like this is straight bullshlt. And it was confirmed because the owner looked out and saw what was happening, came out and said, "No no, you guys come in." When I walked in, what was so funny was there was hip hop on all the TV's and all the Korean guys in there hand on gold chains and hats to the back like imitation black guys.

In NY, I was with a friend and I was dressed the part to get into a place. I walked up and the guy said no, and began stuttering about it being full, when a white couple (man and woman) just walked in. Then I said, "Bro, they just walked right in." Foolishly I looked at my friend and noticed he had on boots and said, "Is there a dresscode." And he said, "uh..yea yea, it's a dress code tonight." Granted, my friend was in the back of me the first time I asked and was turned back, so he didn't even know he was with me at that time.

Funny thing is that the security guard was a huge black guy. This shlt is ingrained in people. It's a shame.

hahaha. Well they certainly thought I was a criminal. Funny thing was it wasn't even at the airport. I left the airport and I was at a train station on my way to Bordeaux. It's a HUGE place with thousands of people. I didn't see ANYONE else being checked. In fact, all of the customs officers were in some kinda office. They looked out, saw me, then about 4 came over, then more came over afterwards. They kept asking why I was there and I told them for vacation. They just kept saying, We can't understand why you are here. As if "I'm on vacation and want to see Bordeaux" was not a good enough reason.

Then happened on the way back when I was in Dubai. Everyone walking out of the airport and I said to myself, "I bet I get pulled off line and checked." Sure enough.

It's just ridiculous, and frustrating when people don't believe it happens. I'm not talking about you. I know you're just giving possible alternatives to what could have been the reasons, but it's quite clear to me what it was.
                Thanks for elaborating mate.

I don’t really know what to say other than where I go and where I work there’s no such things as what you have experienced. That might actually turn out to be my privilege if you know what I mean.

That being said, the future might bring more division due to a huge influx of another ‘ethnic group’ that tops the wrong statistics which will lead to more situations like the ones you have experienced unless this ethnic group starts to perform much better.

Comment

did you make a report about the MSG guy? You should have.
                  Well here's the thing. I couldn't make a report even if I wanted to because technically he was right. We didn't have tickets for seats down in that section. None of us belonged there. But the privilege part at play is that my friends were never asked. I was stopped and asked.

actually they would be able to tell if you are american or not by the way that you speak the english language. (thats cuz they all make fun of the way americans speak lol )
                  I hear what you're saying, but I'm talking about when they first approached me. They didn't approach anyone else. And I was early so I sat there for at least an hour and a half. It was only me that made these...however many customs officers come out and create this uproar about nothing.

copied to browser and googled:

white privilege
                  noun
                  inherent advantages possessed by a white person on the basis of their race in a society characterized by racial inequality and injustice.

and here's mine:

white
                  /(h)wīt/Submit
                  adjective

priv·i·lege
                  /ˈpriv(ə)lij/Submit
                  noun

I use the words from legit dictionaries etc....

according to it says:

a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group

now tell me what whites can do that blacks cant?

Ill wait.....

I though I just explained it to you. The privilege that white people are afforded:

Going out on the town and not having to worry about whether a taxi is going to stop to get him back home.

Walking into places and not having to worry about if their skin tone is going to make someone stop them from entering.

From the video I showed you, pulling out tools and clipping a locked bike without people questioning if it's being stolen.

Having interactions with police and not having to worry if they are under suspicion based on being black.

Finding books and toys for your children without having to worry if there is going to be a black doll to choose from or black characters.

Going on trial without worrying whether the jury which will in all likelihood be mostly white will harbor any biases.

Applying for a job and not worrying that you will be turned down due to the color of your skin or because your name seems like a black name.

Choosing where to live and not worrying that you could be kept out because of your race.

Not having to constantly worry that every little thing you do can somehow reflect on your race.

Not being questioned when paying for things with a credit card.

Go to a store without being followed around.

Walking down the street with a hoodie on and not having to worry if some psycho is going to attack you because you are "suspicious."

Do I really need to keep going?
                  Last edited by travestyny; 03-28-2019, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Thanks for elaborating mate.

I don’t really know what to say other than where I go and where I work there’s no such things as what you have experienced. That might actually turn out to be my privilege if you know what I mean.

That being said, the future might bring more division due to a huge influx of another ‘ethnic group’ that tops the wrong statistics which will lead to more situations like the ones you have experienced unless this ethnic group starts to perform much better.
                    It's a major reason that I spent the last 10 years out of America, but I've learned that it's not much better in the other places I've gone.

I've been wanting to check out African countries, but I know I'll probably just receive some form of discrimination based on being American.

But hey, it's not a sob story. It's just the way things are. We just have to do the best we can and find the place that best suit us, I suppose.

Comment

You're gonna stand for this Sugar Adam Ali?

Comment

Working...
                      X