Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward: "im not interested in talking about lil g anymore... I wanna fight the best"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    So after 4 years of fighting lorry-drivers and bicycle-repairmen, Ward now wants to fight the best Again. Looks like it will be a top LHW next then right?

In other Words I do not believe him. All evidence points in another direction.
    GGG has been fighting those types of guys his whole career.

If anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, it's Ward. He's already proven and clearly his inactivity wasn't due to ducking someone but circumstance. Now he's signed a deal that has him fighting Kovalev at the end of it accordig to all parties. And that's that. Ward is looking to close his career with a bang and any fan who has an issue with an established champion moving up to fight a fellow pound for pounder really isn't a fan.

Comment

You killed me with this one, I cant front.

Comment

I agree, its time to stop talking about GGG/Ward. It's not going to happen. To watch him complain about all the people avoiding him, then watch him avoid Ward was hypocrisy at its finest.

For all of the people GGG got avoided by, he, his team, and HBO are responsible for the fight not happening. I doubt GGG's fans ever own up to this.

Comment

Wants to fight the best but gets his fight blocked by the commission because he was trying to bully a factory worker Super Middleweight up at Light Heavyweight.

Comment

If Ward hadn't gone diva/ish and hadn't took so much time off he'd be that guy. but it seems he's confusing draw power with respect. Ward was a heralded fighter. he was probably one of only 2 fighters that people had as their number one over Floyd. And he wasn't the star Floyd was.

He wanted to be paid like Floyd and Pacman. That wasn't happening. Hopefully he does fight Kova. But if he fights and beats Kova, there's no denying him anymore.

Comment

Lmao!!

He's just missing the hipster glasses, here fixed it.

Comment

i'm not interested in talking about GGG but i'm gonna keep doing it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  i'm not interested in talking about GGG but i'm gonna keep doing it anyway
                  He was asked a question, which he quickly shut down. It actually proved his point because he didn't go on and on about the fight not happening, GGG not wanting to take the risk etc. He expressed that he's moving on with his career and a fight with Lil G is no longer plays a part.

Comment

Ward: "im not interested in talking about lil g anymore... I wanna fight the best"
                    Yet there's a new "Ward says..." thread every week. Hmm..

On the flipside, ever since Golovkin said:
                    But with you, we have nothing more to talk about. As a man, you are dead to me".
                    Golovkin has barely mentioned Ward's name in the 5 months since then. His team (Sanchez/K2) have responded to Ward a few times, but Golovkin himself said you're dead to him, and acted accordingly.

Comment

Dumbtae: How is Cotto going to win?
                      Ward: "I don't know man...."

that's exactly how I felt. There was not one way he could win that fight except being perfect, which he wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X