No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in some legit fantasy football? - Tolkien style

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in some legit fantasy football? - Tolkien style

So I'm just coming up with the ideas for this now but the pieces are there. In the lounge I was promoting my LotR type fantasy book and someone commented that they thought I was promoting a book about fantasy football. I replied flippantly with a picture of the Mario strikers football game. And that gave me an idea.

What if we make a fantasy team swords and sorcery style fantasy football game and make it about sports? It would work sort of like a mix of magic the gathering, fantasy football, and pokemon.

Basically you get to act as an avatar of your sport but you have to pick a monster that represents your sport.

For example, if you're a boxing fan you get to be a zombie boxer. If you represent american football you get to be a golem. If you represent MMA you to be a Jack of All Trades. If you represent hurling you get to be a leprechaun (hey now leps are well respected in this country!). If you represent ice hockey you to be an abominable snowman. Horse racing = centaur. Of course there are better beasties around and I haven't thought of all of them.

The basic gist is that instead of different teams in a sport going against each other you represent your sport and go against another sport each week with this monster acting as your avatar. If you beat the other team then you gain experience points. You get more experience points depending on how long the odds are.

How do you fight another sport?
    1. TV ratings ... in a nut shell, if the two sports are on a similar platform and one sport gets higher ratings than the other then that sport wins. If one sport is on a smaller platform and the other on a bigger one then the ratings will be adjusted pound for pound. So say we have boxing on HBO pulling 1 million while the opposing sport on a larger network (like NBC) does 2 million, it will be adjusted to compensate for the differences in audience.

2. Score. All sports have scores. The total scores of both competing sides in both sports will be combined and adjusted accordingly.

3. Duel, at some point, either before or after the sporting events, both avatars will be expected to duel each other in a tit for tat style magic the gathering battle. Still working on this one. Perhaps in the event of a tie the final outcome can be resolved this way.

4. Summons and magic. Each monster type gets their own set of unique spells which they can use to influence the outcome of the game. For example, a stop time spell can be used at any point during a match so that all scores within a 1 min period don't count. An invisibility spell can make one player in a game "disappear" for a set period of time. Alternatively other spells can be won from other players or bought using a currency system (make money by winning and playing). Summons are also a possibility, which can be called in once per game and can be used either defensively in your own sporting event, or aggressively on your opponents sporting event. Summons would typical effect a whole team and the range of which can change depending on weather it is an individual sport like MMA or team sport like football.

When you pick your sport and the avatar you will receive a card representing your character. A master thread would need to be kept to monitor stats.
Working...
X