Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's no clear #1 p4p between GGG, Crawford and Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree there is no clear winner. I voted for Loma for now. If GGG looks terrific against Canelo I might put him back at number 1 where he was on my list before Loma fought so well against Rigo. .Crawford is a great fighter who easily beat the boxers he was supposed to beat. He fought everyone he should have so I can see why many rate him number. He is clearly the best at 140. He is a welterweight now so I have to judge him pfp as I welterweight. I think Spence would beat him so I have Loma 1st, GGG 2nd Spence 3rd and Crawford 4th. On resume Crawford might be number one as he has done a lot. But PFP is who you think is the better fighter right now for their weight class. I think Spence is a slightly better welterweight than Crawford.

Comment

Good post. All three are worthy candidates for #1 spot, but I think Loma distanced himself slightly ahead of the others. GGG got jobbed and came out with a draw, while Crawford unified a division against very weak opposition. Loma just beat the man who a lot of writers and networks had as a P4P great. Despite the weight class debate, Loma basically played with Rigo like a chew toy. Made his last four opponents quit, no one has ever done that.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
        I agree.. he named someone called poletinko ( I think) said he would make Loma look like a kid
        Originally posted by A.K View Post
        That’s what he was saying the guy is going to get a gold
        Medal first and he’s undefeated in amateurs
        I follow amateur boxing closely and I've never heard of anyone called Poletinko.
        That name doesn't even sound real. I won't be shocked if that guy was trolling.

It would be interesting to see an amateur boxer that is supposedly that good.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
          OK bro! Any chance you are from Russia or Ukraine?
          Helleno-Anglic mate but my old man was a communist and a huge Russophile... some of it rubbed off.

Comment

Personally I like Loma as the #1.

But I can understand how it is possible for people to have reasonable alternative picks for the #1 spot.

Comment

loma and Crawford are similar cases...suddenly when it's a fighter you like, the eye test is legit and the resume doesn't have to full of elite wins. I think a 140-147lb loma beats Crawford...so I guess I'd have to go with loma, even tho it doesn't really feel right considering how few fights he's had.

Comment

For those 3 I got it

Bud
                Loma
                GGG

But for a full top 5 or 10 there are other guys to work in obvs.

Comment

WHat seperates loma is the way he is beating top tier competition.

He's humiliating PFP fighters. GGG had 2 close fights that he won, but he's not obliterating guys anymore

Crawford needs a bigger win to be top 3, I;m sorry. Postol doesn't cut it

Comment

Lomachenko and Crawford are both better than Golovkin.

I don't know why people think Golovkin is #1 P4P when he's clearly not.

Comment

Loma made rigo quit

GGG drew with canelo (canelo made him look bad)

Comment

Working...
                      X