Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz: Deontay Wilder is a Coward, I Saw Fear in His Eyes!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    So if he fights Ortiz next, will you quit this site?
    I have a couple minor parking violations. Should I also quit this site?

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
      Luis is one of the best and that's why I'm going to fight him, to gain my respect. You've come a long way, my Cuban brother, but now I must end you.
      If you want the Joshua fight you absolutely must look good beating Ortiz. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen. No matter what anyone (or you) says, you haven't looked stellar yourself, certainly no better than Ortiz.

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
      Sometime I thinks, Lord, why you make me so strong. Right hand land so hard that it feel like I kill a homie. But He say to me Deontay, keep punching, I will protect them. And each time the good Lord bless them. I knock they ass out, but He perform a miracle and they get back up and lives to see another day.
      I can understand the trash talk, you wanna sell tickets to your fights. But if deep down you really think you're some ultimate superior fighter, you need to wake up. But I don't think you're that naive. You know (or should know) Ortiz is a serious legit threat. Just pay him a decent paycheck, fight him and win, and then we'll see if the Joshua fight comes thru. None of those 3 things have happened yet, so at this point, nothing is a foregone conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
        You didnt take note of what I actually said, I said...Luis lifts his front foot too high...you’re trying to coach someone who does know the mechanics of punching so you are wasting your effort telling me about transitioning the weight to the front foot, and a ‘stamp’ btw is exactly how you emphasise this point to junior boxers, you look to reduce the emphasis of a stamp (which they usually pick up at about 1 year into boxing). It has nothing to do with power btw...but anyway keep on reading your books, I’m sure it must mention somewhere that raising your leg up in their like a cancan dancer before delivering punches is a great idea
        There is not "a way of punching" coach It is highly idiocyncratic actually. As a matter of fact for a professional fighter to try to do something "wrong" at times, not always, sometimes not, might be something that has a logical consistency.

What you are terming a foible is questionable at best... Lifting the front foot high is an acceptable way to generate more forward lunge, its not like, for example, twisting the body out of alighnment, or, using the arm exclusively for a punch.

Your understanding of this paricular way to punch could be lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
          Anyone watching that foot leave the ground would counter him before his slow motion jab is even close.

Sonny Liston was orthodox btw and he did not raise his front foot 6inches off the ground every time he threw a jab, comparing Luis is nonsense their styles are nothing alike.

As for Wilder, more nonsense, you’re right about one thing, he gets off balance, but he does it because he gets too excited, loses his discipline and gets over his front foot too much....so why on earth in your analysis does he suddenly become a back foot range fighter against Luis...?

I don’t care about your attempts to discredit my experience, it doesn’t even take much observation to see Luis is old, slow and flawed.

Funny you should mention the front foot stamping thing, because it is something I remember being taught in karate, which we all know is useless in combat sports aside from...karate

Bingo!! I actually felt like I could have been a bit more diplomatic about my point to you then I read this: This shows where you are at and why you would hardly be one to recognize a crafty veteran fighter's idiocycratic methods...a man who came up in one of the most technically perfected boxing systems, especially for amatuers but...with a track record of soolid performance in the pros.

With statements like the bolded you show your own ignorance, no response needed! Again there is not one way to punch there are many, I studied karate for longer than you have been a coach if you coached for twenty years, and I have studied other arts if you want to parlay experience...and I studied under a premier fighting club. So i have a bit of know how myself coach.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            That guy lost his argument with not even knowing Wilder is a backfoot fighter most of his k.os has happened with guys coming in on him ,most of his rnds hes not pressing guys hes letting them come forward ....do these guys even watch his fights ? forget about the step forward jab that he claims are for sport karate and children. lol
            havent you heard? Karate is useless and I for one think Sports Buddha should go to Oyama's top student John Blume, long time head of security for the Dutch Royal Family and inform mr Blume of this fact! Apparently when mr Blume and others were breaking people up with punches even before full contact karate started he was under mind control!!!

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.p...tem_type=topic

And Machida... another fraud who cannot punch apparently, it is awful nice of his opponents to fall down when he does those karate punches, they must be awful nice!

Here are a few facts as well: To this date, a traditionally trained karate practicioner, a sanctioned professional Thai Boxer, a competent South East Asian Weapons practicioner all have one similar distinction: None have competed in the UFC. There was a so called karateka in one of the first tourneys but he came from a non traditional background because he was bouncing up and down when fighting which a traditional karate man does not do.

Kukishin Karate has plenty of big punchers, that is another fact. Kick boxing made karate look bad because while it was good in letting people compete, it tends to mix half ass karate with half assed boxing! This is despite the success of very good martial artists like Bill Superfoot Wallace and Joe Lewis (another Joe Lewis).

So the idea that karate is useless in combat is ignorant. It might be so that in a ring setting karate methods of punching do not work so well because karate was not designed for the ring. But lets also keep in mind that Robert Trias, one of the luminaries of karate in this country, was a boxer in the service, a champ at his division and got into karate because a local Okinawan kept pestering him and when he finally relented to fight, in his words "he was trashed!"

The stereotype that karate is not a fighting art is perpetuated because people training in the art often do not train properly. it is the training of a fighter that determines success not the art they favor! Macheda uses karate very well, he also studied Jiu Jitsu because to fight in that tournament one needs those skills....Remember that the puncher has gloves on!! That is a slight errr disadvantage.

These attitudes chafe me Jug because I got decked plenty of times coming up by karate guys that could not punch lol! Could have fooled me.
            Last edited by billeau2; 12-12-2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X