No announcement yet.

126 Would Have Made ZERO Difference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 126 Would Have Made ZERO Difference

All these posts and threads about size and weight. Never mind the fact that Rigo had the chance to fight Loma at 126 but refused. Never mind Rigo was smaller, because according to NSB posters, Rigo has so much skill, he is so quick and so smart, that he was gonna expose Loma, and Rigo is so strong that he would break Loma’s jaw...

Listen. Weight was not the deciding factor in Loma-Rigo...
    Skill and heart were.

For this fight, as it happened, at 130:
    Rigo weighed in at 128,5 and Loma weighed in at 129.
    At the next day weigh in, Rigo hydrated to 130 and Loma to 137...

Now, let’s consider the fight at 126... They both weigh in at 126, instead of the 128.5-129. For the second day weigh in, Rigo would rehydrate to the proximity of 129-130, and Loma would rehydrate to 134-135, instead of 137...
    Come fight time, Rigo would be at the same weight as he was for this fight, and Loma would have perhaps be 1.5-2 pounds lighter then he was...

Now, do you guys really think that 2 pound difference would have made any single difference had the original weigh in been at 126 instead of 130?

I see it this way. Im boxing "size" to me is defined by: height, reach, and weight.

Loma was bigger than Rigo in every possible way.

Rigo is small even for 122. He barely rehydrates. You have to understand that. Maybe he can't make 118 because he's old and can't cut more weight.

I'm a Loma fan and I think Loma showed some great skills but still the size difference was there, to me.

Comment

126 was still a weigth class above.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
        126 was still a weigth class above.
        When Mickey and Loma fight at 135 it will still be a weight class above. Will you mention that if Mickey wins?

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          I see it this way. Im boxing "size" to me is defined by: height, reach, and weight.

Rigo is small even for 122. He barely rehydrates. You have to understand that. Maybe he can't make 118 because he's old and can't cut more weight.

I'm a Loma fan and I think Loma showed some great skills but still the size difference was there, to me.
          damn Maxi, replying to your own thread and original post, that's gangsta!! Like your other alt, ''gangstaz!''

just for this, I'm taking you off ignore list. you deserve it

and to the topic, if it didn't make a difference, or rather, since Loma has downplayed his win, then why didn't he acknowledge a catchweight when Hyde and Rigo wanted that opportunity in 2015 when Loma was at 126? A 124 catch, since Loma was already weighing in at 125 in previous fights, wow, 1lb, and Loma is shook of Rigo, even when Hyde said Loma was allowed to rehydrate to 135

Comment

It wouldn't have made much of a difference in the sense that Loma would still have outweighed Rigo by several pounds on fight night. Rigo is a little guy and if he walks around at 126, he probably shouldn't even be fighting above 122.

Comment

That's why Loma never even called Rigo out. Rigo was the one calling Loma out this whole time...
              The size difference was always there, but whose fault is that? Guillermo is the smaller man, at any weight...
              But yet ******s all across these forums were claiming that he is so much more skilled, quicker, smarter, would counter-punch all night and expose Loma and break his jaw...
              Now Rigo is suddenly some old weak small cripple from the looks of it...

Comment

When Mickey and Loma fight at 135 it will still be a weight class above. Will you mention that if Mickey wins?
                sure.

I wasnt making an excuse for rigo I was just pointing out that 126 was still a weight class above since you know that is what the topic of this thread was about.

Comment

Wake Up.

Rigondeux -

amateur career

475 fights with 12 losses

Olympic Games

Gold medal – first place 2000 Sydney Bantamweight
                  Gold medal – first place 2004 Athens Bantamweight
                  World Championships

Gold medal – first place 2001 Belfast Bantamweight
                  Gold medal – first place 2005 Mianyang Bantamweight
                  World Cup

Gold medal – first place 2002 Astana Bantamweight
                  Gold medal – first place 2005 Moscow Bantamweight
                  Gold medal – first place 2006 Baku Bantamweight
                  Pan American Games

Gold medal – first place 2003 Santo Domingo Bantamweight
                  Central American and Caribbean Games
                  Gold medal – first place 2006 Cartagena Bantamweight
                  Cuban national championships
                  Gold medal – first place 2000–06 (7×) Bantamweight

Professional Record

17–0 (May 22, 2009 - December 9, 2017)

December 9 vs Lomachenko

Quits on stool

When will people realise that something fishy is going on with this?

If you think someone so accomplished would quit on their stool without ever trying to make a fight , you have to be kidding yourself. Bob Arum is a slime ball , gave rigo a measly £400K. Rigo winning this match would've been a disaster. Bob couldn't let that happen, he definitely gave Rigo some extra on top of that 400
                  Last edited by NoMasChenko; 12-11-2017, 02:05 PM. Reason: added pro record

Comment

wrong!!!! Rigo had a 2.5" reach advantage. Delete your post

Comment

Working...
                    X