No announcement yet.

Top Rank Commentator: "Mayweather Did A Disservice To Boxing"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    manny beat both horn and floyd. yes a prime hoya was a crafty boxer. that wasnt prime oscar in there. wasnt prime floyd in there either so it doesnt matter that much that pac outpointed him and landed the much cleaner punches in at least 7 rounds. he was never going to get the decision having good defense and sharp punches. people gave floyd that fight on reputation and nothing more. we can post the videos again if you like but it doesnt really matters since floyd wasnt prime in that fight. during his prime he was fighting guys like baldomir and judah. pac was fighting guys like barrera, morales, and marquez. he knew when to make the fights that would get him that shiny record and he tried to make up for it at the end with big old names.
    holy **** this is easily one of the most delusional posts i've seen on here lmfao

Comment

That is such ******ed logic lol.

Every boxer should strive to beat everybody and win at all costs. Floyd was a fierce competitor, not his fault nobody could snatch that undefeated streak off of him.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
        holy **** this is easily one of the most delusional posts i've seen on here lmfao
        A close second to the guy in my sig for sure.

Comment

manny beat both horn and floyd. yes a prime hoya was a crafty boxer. that wasnt prime oscar in there. wasnt prime floyd in there either so it doesnt matter that much that pac outpointed him and landed the much cleaner punches in at least 7 rounds. he was never going to get the decision having good defense and sharp punches. people gave floyd that fight on reputation and nothing more. we can post the videos again if you like but it doesnt really matters since floyd wasnt prime in that fight. during his prime he was fighting guys like baldomir and judah. pac was fighting guys like barrera, morales, and marquez. he knew when to make the fights that would get him that shiny record and he tried to make up for it at the end with big old names.
          but you said Horn beat Manny......

Comment

Originally posted by HiTechnology View Post
            but you said Horn beat Manny......
            lol can't keep track of all his bull****.

Comment

It wasn't Brian Kenny who said that, it was Joe Tessitore. But I have to agree with one of the previous commentators that it was ******ed logic.

Every fighter wants to remain undefeated and they strive to do so. The problem is that not many are able to win every fight for a multitude of reasons. Some fighters underestimate their opponents and don't train properly like Tyson underestimating Douglas. Others fight way past their primes. Some have bad weight cuts that affect their performance. And sometimes the opponent is just better than you thought they were.

Comment

Mayweather help take Boxing to heights NOBODY THOUGHT WAS POSSIBLE! Fans as well as the IDIOTS in the Media only make themselves look bad feeling that if they drag Mayweather Name that some how makes them more credible

Like him or not, the fact that you have family members who don't even follow boxing but knows the name "Mayweather" that is a testament to how masterful he was at marketing himself. We're watching fighters a this very moment in boxing trying hard and doing whatever to become bigger and more household names. Clearly it is not easy to do. I watched most of his career and I still can't figure out how he did it in a sport that the Casual Sports fan in America really don't give a **** about unless he is attached to it. Also did it without being a Gold Medal Winner wasn't suppose to be possible

It was Joe Tessitore the Play By Play announcer who said it by the way. It wasn't genuine, it was said in defense of Loma having a L on his Record which IMO makes him look STUPID!

Only Losers want to see other Lose like them!
                Last edited by sicko; 12-10-2017, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Mayweather help take Boxing to heights NOBODY THOUGHT WAS POSSIBLE! Fans as well as the IDIOTS in the Media only make themselves look bad feeling that if they drag Mayweather Name that some how makes them more credible

Like him or not, the fact that you have family members who don't even follow boxing but knows the name "Mayweather" that is a testament to how masterful he was at marketing himself. We're watching fighters a this very moment in boxing trying hard and doing whatever to become bigger and more household names. Clearly it is not easy to do. I watched most of his career and I still can't figure out how he did it in a sport that the Casual Sports fan in America really don't give a **** about unless he is attached to it. Also did it without being a Gold Medal Winner wasn't suppose to be possible

It was Joe Tessitore the Play By Play announcer who said it by the way. It wasn't genuine, it was said in defense of Loma having a L on his Record which IMO makes him look STUPID!

Only Losers want to see other Lose like them!
                  I found it funny how for years many in the boxing media acted as if you were biased if you said things in support of Floyd Mayweather. Now we have Lomachenko who does many of the same things a young Mayweather used to do and they dick ride him like no fighter I have ever seen.

Comment

did you forget jeff horn is an active boxer? he has the same win that is floyds best win.

Comment

Working...
                    X