Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko on Rigondeaux: I Learned Nothing, It Was Easy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Rigo still has talent, and is probably still the best @ 122, but YOU CAN'T QUIT! You can't ask people to pay to see someone who quit, AND is not that entertaining to see in the first place! Too much to overcome, and time is not on his side! Time to hang 'em up! Loma is definitely Top #10, and if he beats Mikey Garcia @ 135 for his title, he'll become #1, until Crawford unifies @ WW. If i'm Arum, I try to convince Manny and Loma to meet at a catch-weight (Manny has fought in many CW fights in the past), and then fight Mikey Garcia for his 135 title!
    The one thing you can’t do as a fighter is quit. At least not within reason. But a fucking hand injury? You kidding me? I’m so disgusted I don’t even know what to say, man.

Comment

Am I the only one thinking that, if you look at Rigondeaux's pro career, the lone slightly significant fight is the win over Donaire, and all the rest is more or less bull****?

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
        Am I the only one thinking that, if you look at Rigondeaux's pro career, the lone slightly significant fight is the win over Donaire, and all the rest is more or less bull****?
        The word 'exposed' has been floated, but one thing I read in a different forum likened Cordoba to being the closest thing to Loma Rigo has fought, so I went back to watch that before the Loma fight (and saw nothing of Loma in Cordoba.....)

However, the Cordoba fight was a big tell. Rigo started quite aggressively as Shields was telling him he needed to be more aggressive. He was easily winning, but then got put down by a Cordoba jab, and immediately went back to 'his style', retreating and countering off the back foot. The commentator even mentioned that Rigo was sort of saying 'screw you Ronnie, I'm going back to what I know'.

Point being Rigo has never had the ability to fight in a different way, he's got one gear, and for the longest time and against weaker opposition, that gear was more than enough.

Not sure its essential for an ATG to be able to adapt, eg not sure Tyson ever had any more than a single seek-destroy gear, but the Cordoba fight was the exposure that Rigo couldn't adapt to adversity except to go back to a single way of fighting.

In the Loma fight he effectively went into a defensive shell with the bending over, and quickly realised there was no way out of the shell except to come up into a clinch. Then a few things started to happen, Loma started to figure out how to capitalise when Rigo was down - starting with the little uppercuts, but you could see him working on a way to evolve that into something more hurtful (and even if he didn't, it was going to be enough for a points whitewash).

Then the ref took a point for the clinching, which started to take away his only way out of the shell. Rigo knows enough about boxing that he knew all the likely outcomes at that point, and none of them had him winning or even making it close.

Comment

Loma is on a rampage. Loma is must see.
          Fighting Loma could be suicidal to your boxing career.

Rigo is still talented but for all intents and purposes he is damaged goods.
          Ask Nicholas Walters.

I suspect from here on nobody is going to want to step up to this 11 fight pro unless they are getting paid good retirement money!

Loma v Garcia would be monster!!!

You come to watch a fight and what you end up seeing is a clinic with the opponent saying "no mas " on their stool with a made up excuse.
          Last edited by slimPickings; 12-10-2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Weight or no, size or no, Loma is a level above.

I thought he would bring the best out of Guillermo but it turns out, Rigo is the same guy, no matter who he fights. It's unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              The one thing you can’t do as a fighter is quit. At least not within reason. But a fucking hand injury? You kidding me? I’m so disgusted I don’t even know what to say, man.
              It's not just the hand, it's the age, and inactivity! Rigo cashed out last night, and it's pathetic. I gave him props for moving up 2 weight classes, just like I did for Kell Brook. However, Kell Brook didn't quit! Rigo did! I lost all respect for him. I can't imagine the homecoming he'll get in Miami! SAD!

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                Quitllermo Rigondeaux
                Best I heard yet was Guillermo Rigomortis

Comment

More like it was rigged. I wonder how much money did Rigo get from Arum on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                    Loma is on a rampage. Loma is must see.
                    Fighting Loma could be suicidal to your boxing career.

Rigo is still talented but for all intents and purposes he is damaged goods.
                    Ask Nicholas Walters.

I suspect from here on nobody is going to want to step up to this 11 fight pro unless they are getting paid good retirement money!

Loma v Garcia would be monster!!!

You come to watch a fight and what you end up seeing is a clinic with the opponent saying "no mas " on their stool with a made up excuse.
                    The Walters fight looked rigged as did this one. And now Salido, the only fighter to beat Loma retires. How convenient. ****ing Arum and Top Prank, smh.

Comment

I didn’t believe the hype about Loma at first but since watching him outclass Rigo yesterday he made me a believer. His footwork and skills are just incredible.

Comment

Working...
                      X