Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you rank higher Cotto or Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    Like them both, but Marquez for me. Compare both their fights with Pacquio and it's obvious. Also, drug allegations unsubstantiated.
    not meaning to start an ''argument'' BUT....

pac would never fight cotto without a clause. and i do mean never.

also, imho, cotto smashes jmm h2h.

Comment

Cotto. Without Manny, Marquez toils in obscurity. Even when he beat Manny there is the ped suspicion. JMM needs to thank Joe Cortez for not stopping the first fight after the third knockdown when he laid back down. Had that fight ended after that, Marquez is only famous for losing to Chris John.

Comment

Both are great and 1st ballot

But to me it's Cotto

Marquez has the better 1 win over Manny and 4 classic fights with PAC but after that he has notable Ws over
        Barrera ( HOF )
        And after that

Salido
        Diaz
        Casamayor

Cotto has Ws over

Martinez ( HOfer )
        Moseley (Hofer)

Malignaggi
        Zab
        Margarito

Plus a sh.it load of respectable 3rd tier names

Mayorga
        Clottey
        Geale

Comment

people can have their opinions but honestly if you vote for cotto then you dont know anything about boxing lol. Look at the supposedly top wins of his, and basically all of them were injured or coming off the back of losses. Mosley had won 1 in 5 of his last fights, judah hadnt won any of his last 3, martinez was injured, coming up to 40 and many thought he lost to martin murray. I know u can nitpick most fighters CV's but there are massive massive holes in cottos.
          Last edited by Prince Madison; 12-02-2017, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            he started working with a known steroid cheat and his body reacted to it with the typical signs of steroid use. its not a fact just highly likely. the evidence against pac was he keeps winning. not really the same but lets call it all even
            Pac keeps winning was the only evidence of him juicing ? Nothing about Alex Ariza's shadyness ? Or Roach saying he didn't know what Ariza was putting in Pac's " special " shakes ? Or his never before seen Run through eight weight divisions ? There's also the physical changes like head and calve size increase . So we Can speculate IF that's what we're doing .
            Honorable mention to Andre Ward , Nonito Donaire , and Andre Berto who admittingly worked with Victor Conte . A CONVICTED drug cheat .

Comment

Cotto lost because he stepped up to fight the best in the division.

Marquez gets a lot of credit for beating Pac.

Pretty even for different reasons, I wish this last fight they were fighting each other

Comment

Clear for marquez

Beat atg pac

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  people can have their opinions but honestly if you vote for cotto then you dont know anything about boxing lol. Look at the supposedly top wins of his, and basically all of them were injured or coming off the back of losses. Mosley had won 1 in 5 of his last fights, judah hadnt won any of his last 3, martinez was injured, coming up to 40 and many thought he lost to martin murray. I know u can nitpick most fighters CV's but there are massive massive holes in cottos.
                  So list Marquez's accomplishments and I will do the same and break down every win.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
                    My friend who rarely watches boxing outside of one fight every few years even pointed out how he thought Marquez looked to be in incredible shape that night. He also mysteriously had a lot more power in the 4th fight than he had before. I think Pacquiao should have been given the decision in the 1st fight but Marquez should have probably gotten the 3rd fight.
                    Good for you and your Filipino friend.

JMM won 3 of 4 and a draw in fight 2.

The 4th fight was a KTFO - as definitive as it gets. Do not cry about PEDs. JMM requested OSDT for 3rd fight and Pac/Roach denied.

Did JMM use? We'll never know. But the first KD had ZERO to do with PEDs. JMM landed that same punch on a young Pac in their 2nd fight and it buckled Pac BAD.

The KTFO punch was just horrific positioning by Manny. Like wtf?!?

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                      Cotto lost because he stepped up to fight the best in the division.

Marquez gets a lot of credit for beating Pac.

Pretty even for different reasons, I wish this last fight they were fighting each other
                      nah.. not when he had to fight pac 4 times to get the job done. not impressed. cotto > marquez

Comment

Working...
                      X