Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Why Do I Need 'Lower Standard' Whyte To Land Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
    A guy who draws 90k fans needs to build a fight vs another champion?

You guys are terrified of wilder for some reason. He won't even be the favorite
    Remarkable aint it lol. Your post says it all but....................

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
      Yeah I agree. So many ‘fans’ go on and on about revenue and who deserves who and who doesn’t and when the time is right and when it isn’t...whatever man. If there is a fight that needs to happen we should all clamour for it. Some of us are right now and some of us aren’t. We know the reasons. True fans vs fanboys. Simple as that.

EDIT: (For arguments sake) I’ve stated many times on here that I am a big fan of Anthony Joshua and followed his career with great interest...But his approach to the Wilder situation, along with Hearn and certain AJ fans is just indefensible. Like I keep saying, I’m a big fan, but let’s be real here, we know which of these two sides is the one that seems more hesitant in their approach to this situation. I do feel though, that it is more Hearn and his pulling of the strings more than Joshua himself, but by the same token, you have to then wonder why AJ isn’t begging him for it.
      I can appreciate you being objective. Im American so i rock with wilder but i like Aj. I think its a 50/50 fight. Make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
        THIS.

Have people been following that Hearn stated that using Whyte to build Joshua is tacky!!! He said Whyte is a different circumstance than the Joshua bout.

therefore he's not making any guarantees other than ''2018-2019'' is ''ideal''

which means Hearn would just be exploiting Wilder's name in various narratives in UK sports marketing, with Wilder eventually beating and fighting Whyte with numerous commercials, productions, hype all until the Joshua fight is made.

Haymon knows exactly what Hearn is trying to milk from Wilder's name and prestige. which is fine, so fork up the 7 million and pay Wilder for the Whyte fight so matchroom can continue another high premium ticket pricing and new PPV pricing..

at least Eubank Sr. should teabag a nice blonde girl from Essex while Eddie is tied to a chair and talk about ITV PPV
        2019. Yup he will pay that 7 mill i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Hearn obviously wants AJ/Wilder in the UK. The only way that will happen is if Hearn gets to see how the UK fans receive Wilder first.

I just hope the fight happens next year.
          Really bruh. Lol yall kill me. Like Wilder hasn't fought in the UK before or like Aj with a replacement broke indoor record 78k. Did pulev/takam need testing. Cmon now. I bet Wilder is more known there than here. They can announce Aj & Wilder tomorrow and add 10k seating to Wembley & it sells out in minutes. I like Aj its a 50/50 fight i think but to keep insisting Wilder needs a upgraded UK profile to make the fight is beyond ludicrous. I won't mention all this so call ducking of Whyte lmfao. Still curious to hear Lennox take. He can't be pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by methodcal View Post
            I can appreciate you being objective. Im American so i rock with wilder but i like Aj. I think its a 50/50 fight. Make it.
            No worries man, just a fan of the game more so than a fan of a fighter, like the rest of these AJ/Hearn defenders. Blind loyalty that borders on ignorance with these type of fans, only here for one or two guys, it’s sad.

You are right, it is a 50/50 fight and that’s the problem...last time Hearn took a risk with AJ it so nearly went down in flames in the Klitchko fight...I don’t think he’s quite caught his breath from it in order to send his man back into the fire again just yet.

Comment

This hasn’t stopped you before. Take the career high payday as I doubt your getting Joshua next.

Comment

But lower standard Brezeale for less money will be fine?

Comment

Originally posted by methodcal View Post
                  Really bruh. Lol yall kill me. Like Wilder hasn't fought in the UK before or like Aj with a replacement broke indoor record 78k. Did pulev/takam need testing. Cmon now. I bet Wilder is more known there than here. They can announce Aj & Wilder tomorrow and add 10k seating to Wembley & it sells out in minutes. I like Aj its a 50/50 fight i think but to keep insisting Wilder needs a upgraded UK profile to make the fight is beyond ludicrous. I won't mention all this so call ducking of Whyte lmfao. Still curious to hear Lennox take. He can't be pleased.
                  You're a moron. Wilder will expect A LOT more money than Takam. So will need to sell A LOT more PPV, unless you expect Joshua to take a pay cut to fight the diva.

Comment

Wasn't Wilder on UK talksport yesterday with Hearn? And he was told those two fights are separate fights. Anyways Joseph Parker is on talksport right now in the UK, saying he would fight anyone of those two. He currently trains in vegas, would fight Joshua next if the % is right and that the only place that fight makes sense is in the UK due to Joshua popularity, he admit he and Joshua aren't big names in america but doesn't see anything stopping him fighting Wilder there.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                      its called building a fight you dumb ****. whyte should be a relatively easy fight for a nice payday and makes the joshua fight even bigger.
                      He'll be a big favoutite he's just scared about the small possibility of losing to Whyte because he has no quit in him.

Comment

Working...
                      X