Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mcgregor v mayweather- how easily people are influenced....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    just reading some of the comments on articles from casuals. I clicked on a facebook post and its coming across as if its a 50/50 fight. Even on this site the mood seems to have changed from widespread condemnation to many posters giving mcgregor a shot at winning. Yes, a guy whos never boxed professionally supposedly has a legitimate shot against floyd mayweather.

I guess it shows how easily people are influenced and the susceptibility to propaganda. You forcefeed the public the same message enough times and they will believe it. Even when it flies in the face of all logic, people are now giving mcgregor a chance of beating mayweather because theyve been told it can happen. Theyve heard the sparring stories, theyve heard the supposed experts saying mcgregor can do it, maybe they even believe floyd when he says how risky it is.

Maybe its just laziness, rather than people forming their own opinions on things and look at logic, they just regurgitate bull**** that other people say. Its submission to people who are supposedly 'in the know'. This seems to be something thats symptomatic in society in general now, people bowing to the 'better judgement' of others.

Look at the betting odds, they are damn crazy, mayweather 1/4, compared to crawford who is 1/20 to beat indongo.

Im not buying the spin that this is somehow a positive for the sport. Its an embarrassment for combat sports that this is going to be one of, if not, the highest selling ppv of all time.

I class a great night of boxing as something that actually happens within the ring, a great fight for the ages with lots of action and drama. maybe people get too caught up in seeing things as a great 'event', we had people analysing who won the press conferences. Seems as if the actual sport is secondary to the showbiz side of things these days. Boxings becoming a pantomime. You could probably stick two movie stars in the ring now, hype it up a bit and sell a **** tonne of ppvs.
    It's all just talk, until we actually SEE the fight happen.

And for me, that's the intrigue, that's the appeal. I Want To See It. Whatever happens, I WANT TO SEE IT.

Conor gets dominated? So be it.
    Floyd gets touched up? So be it.
    Conor gets DQed? So be it.
    Floyd out-points his way to a decision? So be it.

It's Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather. Ultimately, that's all I care about. That it's actually happening. I love it.

Comment

We live In a country where a person can be told In advance that they are throwing their money away and It doesn't seem to matter. Conor has no chance whatsoever In this fight. No, not even a punchers chance.

Comment

Eff Pandas, I agree about Conor's limited defensive skills but I'm not sure about the KO because Floyd is extremely risk-averse; his tendency is to NOT close the show if he can just as easily coast to a win.

If it's not a beat down, I see another Leonard-Duran II in which Floyd will clown McGregor in front of all those MMA fans that forked over $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
          He's not better, but he's more famous than Indongo. And that's what this fight and the odds on it are about.
          Eeexxxxxxactly.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
            Eff Pandas, I agree about Conor's limited defensive skills but I'm not sure about the KO because Floyd is extremely risk-averse; his tendency is to NOT close the show if he can just as easily coast to a win.

If it's not a beat down, I see another Leonard-Duran II in which Floyd will clown McGregor in front of all those MMA fans that forked over $100.
            Have you seen Conor when he's tired later in fights or having bad moments doe?

He's like a wounded old dog, he's just looking for a place to lie down & die. So idk if this is about Floyd so much as about Conor. He can't hide it when he's tired. People are talking about Floyd running, but Conor was running away from Diaz cuz Diaz wore his ass out after 10 minutes before Diaz got burned out. Thats not gonna work as well with Floyd cuz Floyd gots energy for days. Ref is gonna call it, Conor will more or less quit after a KD or a towel is getting thrown in I'm thinking. Book it.

Or again like I keep saying Floyd isn't Floyd anymore & Conor takes out Floyd early via youth & aggression, which I doubt will be the defining thing of this fight, but I'd be lying if I said I don't have questions about Floyd at 40 with 2 years out of the ring unlike most boxing fans who think its 100% that Floyd will be the same guy from the Berto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Have you seen Conor when he's tired later in fights or having bad moments doe?

He's like a wounded old dog, he's just looking for a place to lie down & die. So idk if this is about Floyd so much as about Conor.
              Which is why I mentioned No Mas. Will Conor go for broke and go out on his shield? or will he quit? will his ego accept being humiliated for 12 rounds in front of all those fans, especially after predicting a KO in 4 over a smaller man?

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
                Which is why I mentioned No Mas. Will Conor go for broke and go out on his shield? or will he quit? will his ego accept being humiliated for 12 rounds in front of all those fans, especially after predicting a KO in 4 over a smaller man?
                Well I definitely think he's gonna try to win. And I believe he thinks he will win. But as the saying goes fatigue makes cowards of men. And that'll be his issue always when pressured & Floyd will bring pressure upon him in this fight unless Conor legit gots lightning in his fists.

I think when Conor gets his gas tank on E Floyd will walk him down & then it'll be over within a round or three cuz Floyd isn't gonna let him get his 2nd wind or if he gets it it'll be short like in that Diaz fight when he was dead on his feet (or off his feet as Diaz finally got him down, but too late) at the 25th minute.

Talk is talk. I can't hate on a guy or disrespect him for believing in himself to the point of making bold predictions for a fight. That sh^t is what it is & is more about marketing then any fighters particular ESP abilities. All is forgiven in the post fight for me unless a dude just is a bad loser & Conor's always been a very gracious loser whenever he's lost & I suspect he will be on Aug. 26 too. Although I think for cage ego purposes he'll have to throw out some line about coming to Floyd in his world & now its time for Floyd to come to his world in the cage, but that was always a line that was coming when Conor lost cuz win, lose or draw Conor is the duck outta water here & deserves respect for even getting in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  its not? is conor better than indongo? obv not so it must be what they think of their opponents....they think crawford is amazng since he is. smart betters saw floyd struggle mightily with maidana and pac land almost all the clean shots in their fight. they know floyd is on the slide and has been getting by on reputation lately.
                  Originally posted by Szef View Post
                  He's not better, but he's more famous than Indongo. And that's what this fight and the odds on it are about.
                  This mother****er Daggum is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Have you seen any of Conor's MMA fights?

He's not got the greatest defense (there is barely defense at all in MMA so thats hardly surprising he'll be lacking defensively in the ring) or stamina which is gonna be hell vs Floyd. Either Floyd isn't Floyd anymore (& stranger things have happened to 40 year olds who haven't fought in 2 years) & Conor shocks the world early with his early front runner style or Conor is gonna fall apart before 36 minutes go by.
                    This is the only chance the other guy has. Floyd indeed isn't Floyd anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X