Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guillermo Rigondeaux's Last Best Chance to Fire up His Cult

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pedrito View Post
    True story. Arum was so badly butthurt that he used his influence and the weight of his word to nearly destroy the career of one of the best active boxers on the planet.

Rigo is about as boring as every other pure boxer out there. No more no less. Some people won't appreciate pure boxers, some people don't care for lower weight classes, others are more interested in out of the ring antics.
    So Bob Arum said some bad things about him and that's the reason that Showtime and PBC also didn't bother showcasing any of his fights? Get Real.

It's obvious that other promoters and other networks don't see value in showing his fights. It has nothing to do with what Arum said, they have eyes too. They see him throw 7 punches a round, they see and hear him getting booed in all of his fights, they see him disengaged against lesser opponents.

It has less to do with Arum and HBO and more to do with Rigo. When he quits crying and whining, maybe he'll realize that too.

Comment

Rigonduck

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      "I want Lomachenko to have a rehydration clause!"

"I want Lomachenko at 124!"

"I'm already too small for 122!"
      Guy is a Diva like Ward without the credentials. Both have 4 fights since 2013 and no warrior makeup.

RigonDuck and CoWard deserve each other......Two ghetto kings wearing a crown of sympathy and excuses.

Comment

When in doubt blame bob. Poor rigo got his career destroyed because all powerful evil bob didn't like him. When you are a small guy who can put on more pressure but doesn't unless he has too it doesn't look very entertaining. Even wladimir klitchko got dropped by HBO for a while after Ibragimov fight because of boring style and he is a HW. Boxing is a businesses and most revenue comes from casuals who don't even know who rigo is.

Comment

Rigondeax is incredibly boring to watch!
          With all that talent, it sure didn't help him get the fights he wanted

He is content to stay in a certain gear and play safe, rather than turn on the heat and get the KO
          that's what makes me love a fighter like Tommy hearns for example
          Once he's in control, he has that mean streak and wants to end the fight
          Sure, this came back and bit him on a handful of times
          But he's now seen as a legend of the sport, so all that risk paid off
          He took risk, and he received the reward (considered one of the most exciting fighters of all time)

With Rigondeax, your better off waiting till he retires and watching a highlight reel lol
          And honestly, I'd like to see how he handles a pressuring, high work rate, defensively sound inside fighter
          Someone talented to push him
          I don't think rigo is some unbeatable fighter (no one is) he has flaws like everyone
          Maybe he seriously needs to consider moving up in weight to take on said challenges

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
            Mixture of many things. Someone mentioned that he is as equally boring than other pure boxers, yet Rigo holds a negative stigma which does not apply to those others. Essentially Arum's influence got the industry to turn on Rigo. Cuban fighters don't have a nationalistic fan element which other countries such as Mexico and Puerto Rico do. This makes it hard for promoters to develop them at grassroots. Until Cuba produces the next Pacquiao type fighter, they will not get much support at entry level early in their careers.

good post !

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            you're a ******ed hipster. You really think Arum gave a crap about Donaire? The dude is about making money. If he thought there was 50 cents to be made with Rigo, he would be praising him all over the place. But unfortunately Rigo is about as exciting as a 2nd coat of paint, and the networks dont want anything to do with him......

while there is some truth in that, Arum's comments were disgraceful

they were CLEARLY, OBVIOUSLY, NOTICEABLY, disgraceful

how come you didn't notice ?

Comment

why is it EVERY issue/subject..... you got the same guys on one side, and the same ol munters on the other?

wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                And honestly, I'd like to see how he handles a pressuring, high work rate, defensively sound inside fighter
                Someone talented to push him
                I don't think rigo is some unbeatable fighter (no one is) he has flaws like everyone
                Maybe he seriously needs to consider moving up in weight to take on said challenges
                The ONLY fighter that can possibly beat Rigo is Loma... Rigo has said he's willing to fight at 126. I believe Loma can still make 126...

Why is Loma so eager to move up in weight, when the biggest challenge of career is right here? He wants to "dare to be great"... But the greatest fight is at 126, bar none, unless he jumps up to 140.

Comment

with some of you guys, its like...... hmmm, now looking at that issue, what is the very worst result for boxing..... and I will support that

right back to the PED's with Pacquiao
                  the glove loading with Margarito
                  siding with greedy corrupt promoters over fighters
                  siding with greedy corrupt networks over fighters
                  siding with greedy corrupt sanctioning bodies over fighters

everything that is bad for boxing, you guys happily support

I don't even know why some of you are here

even some of the half-interested fans seem like they are happier watching glorified club fighters like Lemieux

just because your face-first tough guys get exposed by genuine world-class fighters - or WORSE - is no reason to turn boxing into rock-em sock-em robots

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                    Mixture of many things. Someone mentioned that he is as equally boring than other pure boxers, yet Rigo holds a negative stigma which does not apply to those others. Essentially Arum's influence got the industry to turn on Rigo. Cuban fighters don't have a nationalistic fan element which other countries such as Mexico and Puerto Rico do. This makes it hard for promoters to develop them at grassroots. Until Cuba produces the next Pacquiao type fighter, they will not get much support at entry level early in their careers.

Rigo is a pure boxer, a real one.

Like Pep was, dudes don't grad or hold for the whole fight, they just outclass you within the pure boxing rules.

Comment

Working...
                    X